Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephen Hill signs to Panthers Practice Squad

336 posts in this topic

Posted

Love the move but hate it for DJ Smith. He was gonna start for the Packers a few years ago before suffering that nasty injury. What a damn shame.

Agreed.. I thought Smith outplayed Ben Jacobs. Hopefully we pick him up next year if he hasn't signed with anyone

Posted

Lets not forget that the only opinions that matter are GMan's and the coaches! Like, agree, or not they are getting paid to make these decisions. Even though some like to pick and pry, he wouldn't be here if they didn't see something in  him. I wont say we're going to go to the super bowl because of Hill but I'm not going to bash the dude before he even takes a snap! 

Posted

You can't blame a player for where he gets drafted. If Hill hadn't blown up the combine who knows where he gets taken.

Hill is only 23, people seem to be forgetting that. I actually like Bersin too and see him has a good possession WR if he can continue doing what he's doing in live game action. So I'm not going to play the Hill vs Bersin game.

But also, Hill was raw as hell coming out of college. Other than Santinio Holmes who comes across as a "me first" kind of guy, Hill hasn't had anyone to learn from. He was thrown into the fire from day 1. Benji has credited Proehl with helping him learn how to use his hands more when catching, hopefully Ricky can do the same for Hill.

I'm excited about the signing and actually brought up Hill in the other teams cuts thread as a potential cut. Even with speed alone he opens up things for KB that Cotchery, Avant and Bersin can't. Hill could end up being very valuable for us.

It will be a challenge for Proehl. I wonder how long it will take to get him coached up? We need that burner that can replace Ginn.

Posted

Picking an 80's jersey # endears me to him more.

Posted

I really hate talking politics on a sports board. We all have one thing that in common. We are Panthers fans. Politics, not so much. Yuck. I come here to get away from reality of how blanking screwed up our government is.. Can we not leave political opinions in a different area of the board? Rant over. Go Panthers!

4 people like this

Posted

Ok guys let's knock off the politics talk or I'll lock the thread. Get back on track.

1 person likes this

Posted

Picking an 80's jersey # endears me to him more.

Ditto, I'm not a fan of teens numbers at all for WRs.

Posted

Once he learns the playbook he'll be on the field. He'll learn the offense and as soon as somebody gets injured, watch out!

Posted

to claim him off of waivers, teams would have had to pick up his contract.  that rarely happens one week before the first game of the season.  our approach was much more common with no guaranteed money.  but if he ends up being productive, we will have first dibs on signing him to a multi-year contract after the season.

I've heard a couple of people say that, but if I recall correctly he was still on the original rookie contract, and that of a second round pick.

Not like he was on a multi-million dollar deal.

Posted

My point was that this isn't a political board. If you want to talk politics, go somewhere to talk politics.

He wasn't the one to bring it up. He was actually replying to SIG who said Chud was "Obama level incompetent"

1 person likes this

Posted

This needs to get back on topic.

1 person likes this

Posted

This needs to get back on topic.

You're about 6 thread derailments late.