• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:20 AM

If Byron is not the best OT (yet) in the league he is still a key player for the Panthers and for this reason.

I really love that spirit !

http://www.panthers....21-4d701316aadb

#2 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:23 AM

Lets hope he can rock some DEs too.

#3 Barry McCaulkinor

Barry McCaulkinor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

I doubt Byron is even better than most backups.

#4 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

"D"

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:31 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

Then you work out and try out for the panthers and take his place.

Edited by Captain Obvious, 03 September 2014 - 07:31 AM.

#5 Barry McCaulkinor

Barry McCaulkinor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:41 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

Then you work out and try out for the panthers and take his place.

Because me trying out for the Panthers makes Byron better? fuging illogical bs. He's still a 2nd or 3rd stringer talent on any other team regardless what I do.

#6 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:42 AM

I know Bell bashing is popular, but don't be a party pooper in a cheerleading thread.

#7 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:47 AM

I'm pulling for you Byron.  I have faith.  The guy keeps getting better and better.  Jordan Gross talked very highly of him last year and I really think he's going to prove a lot of people wrong.

Although I do think it'll be something like he'll play 2 perfect games and then in the third game he gives up a sack everyone will be saying, "See, I told you he sucked".  People love to bring up the times he got beat but not how often he excelled and held the position down.  We went 12-4 last year and he was a part of the that team.  Give the guy some credit.

#8 rhyslloyd

rhyslloyd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:48 AM

I know Bell bashing is popular, but don't be a party pooper in a cheerleading thread.

I don't know that it's actually as much bashing as it is telling the truth. He's not good. At all.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#9 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,434 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:55 AM

tumblr_mdig480KYF1qz4yoao1_500.gif

#10 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:59 AM

I don't know that it's actually as much bashing as it is telling the truth. He's not good. At all.

And you missed my point. Completely.

#11 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,737 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:02 AM

Heres an idea.. give byron a freakin chance at LT in the regular season.

Yall Must be premature in the bedroom as well.

Ted Ginn and mike mitchell "sucked" september 3, too.

#12 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

"D"

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:03 AM

Because me trying out for the Panthers makes Byron better? fuging illogical bs. He's still a 2nd or 3rd stringer talent on any other team regardless what I do.

as illogical as bitching about our starting LT over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

#13 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:18 AM

In this thread i am talking about Byron Bell spirit and this is the spirit of a hall of famer, the body will follow i am sure B) ,

Go Byron!

#14 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

Another "realist".

Sometimes I feel like we have too many "realists" in our fan base.

It is way more fun just being a homer

Edited by teeray, 03 September 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#15 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:24 AM

It's a first impression thing.  Some people see Bell make a bad play and it stands out like a led light in your eye.  They can't get it out of their heads that he is the worst tackle in football.  So even when out of 50 snaps he makes 2 mistakes they latch on to those 2 to use as justification for their opinion.  It would have to be a consensus of a lot of people that Bell has improved for people to see the good more than the bad.

I use the Silatolu example.  In my opinion he is not as good as everyone here makes him out to be (mostly pass protection).  So when I see him make a mistake it's glaring to me.  However it's frustrating to see the Byron Bell sucks post when Silatolu made just as many if not more mistakes.  The reverse also applies. I have re-watched some games and he didn't suck as bad as I thought he did, even though he made mistakes.

So basically the people who think Byron Bell suck will not wait to see or give him a chance. It's just like after the 2nd preseason game there were not many Byron Bell sucks post.  However after the 3rd game they came back with a vengeance. He can play good for 4 games but games like the Buffalo game last season will stand out in people who think he's the worst player ever.

I think by the end of it all, if the Oline is a legitimate problem ie Cam getting killed regularly, Byron Bell won't be the main reason.   I just don't see a way to improve the Oline without doing it through the draft.  To sign a core of players Cam, Luke, the DE's, KK and Star there gonna have to be shortcuts taken. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com