Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheCandyMan

Tony Stewart Cleared of Charges by Ontario County Grand Jury

TheCandyMan    516

The grand jury announced Wednesday that there was no evidence of a criminal act. The case was passed on to the grand jury by Ontario County District Attorney Michael Tantillo last week. The Ontario County Sheriff's Department investigated the August 9 incident for approximately a month before the evidence had been presented to Tantillo.

Full Article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/tony-stewart-not-charged-by-grand-jury-in-death-of-kevin-ward-jr-190047656.html

PandaPancake    8,678

If I tried to Spiderman onto one of your cars while driving down the street you wouldn't be charged with murder. This only went to a grand jury because he is Tony Stewart

TheCandyMan    516

Actually, I thought because he was Tony Stewart they might indict him. Glad to see they weren't head hunting because he is a celebrity driver.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we now see a civil suit.

pantherfan49    598

I also wouldn't be surprised if we now see a civil suit.

Yep. The family is talking about "doing the right thing for Kevin." Which apparently means suing someone for their son's idiocy.

PandaPancake    8,678

Yep. The family is talking about "doing the right thing for Kevin." Which apparently means suing someone for their son's idiocy.

$20 says they settle for slightly under what it cost for Tony to defend this in court

TheCandyMan    516

Here's another interesting twist I missed yesterday:

Toxicology reports revealed Kevin Ward Jr., was under the influence of marijuana on the night he was struck and killed by a sprint car driven by Tony Stewart, Ontario County (N.Y.) District Attorney Michael Tantillo said Wednesday.

Full Article:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2014/09/24/kevin-ward-jr-marijuana-toxicology-report-tony-stewart-grand-jury-decision/16160043/

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    TKRBrownstone