38 replies to this topic

#16 Malt Liquor

Malt Liquor

Smoothest cat n da city

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:11 PM

Listen everybody we have to score atleast 45 points to get any type of positive media coverage.

#17 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:14 PM

Listen everybody we have to score atleast 45 points to get any type of positive media coverage.

Or we need to have somebody on our team shoot themselves or attempt to dismantle the team chemistry by talking too mucn.

#18 Steel Panther

Steel Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:37 PM

It's simple. As of right now, we are 108-114 as a franchise. We will NOT be mentioned in the same breath with Dallas (who has close to 60% win record all time) until we PROVE ourselves to be the winners that they are. Don't get me wrong, I HATE the cowPUKES, but I do understand why we don't get the airtime they get. They are a winning franchise, and over the history of that team, they consistently prove to be winners. In the grand scheme of the NFL, we are merely up and comers with a lot of potential. I believe over time we will get there, though.

#19 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,029 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

our overall win-loss shouldn't mean sh*t. This is the 2008 NFL season and team's performances in that season is all that should matter. What does it matter if the cowboys won some championships several years ago? They haven't done sh*t in the playoffs in over a decade.

#20 boxer

boxer

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:51 PM

[quote name='JuliusP_90']As much as I hate the 'boys as well they did beat an extremely good Giants team. We beat an above average Broncos team. Now I know we haven't been getting any love all year but that's also because we are still a small market team. We don't have the fan base the Cowboys do or the Giants do.[/QUOTE]

The Panthers may not have as many fans as Dallas or NY, but they have better fans by far. I'll take quality over quantity, anyday.

#21 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,230 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:53 PM

This includes playoffs, I thought it was interesting, when we win out all the way to the Superbowl we will be one game over .500

113 117 0 (all games, 1995-present, including playoffs)

#22 Steel Panther

Steel Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:58 PM

Hey, Mega, does this mean if the Lions win their division next season, you will be disappointed if they are not trumpeted as better than the Panthers if we win a wildcard?

#23 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:00 PM

We start today with the impressive cowboys. My God this is getting old fast with kornholer.

They are not going to talk about Charlotte, NC. (Hell, most people in America couldn't pick it out on a map). Just get over it. And accept the fact that you are a small market with a football team that is only 13 years old.

#24 Steel Panther

Steel Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:11 PM

Consistently is what the talking heads love. They don't like to be made out to look like idiots for picking a team to win, only to have them lose in a blowout. Same with seasons, same with franchises. If the Cats were 10-6 every year, I believe we would get more respect than we get by going the 7-9, 11-5, 7-9, 11-5, 8-8, 7-9 route that we have since 2002. I am not making a statement about the quality of the team(s), but the psychology involved in those that pick them.

#25 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:13 PM

ESPN does not care about Charlotte, NC. Just accept it.

#26 Steel Panther

Steel Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:22 PM

My point exactly, fitty. To CHANGE THEIR MINDS, we have to consistently win.

#27 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,029 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

Hey, Mega, does this mean if the Lions win their division next season, you will be disappointed if they are not trumpeted as better than the Panthers if we win a wildcard?

what? Divisional winners are not automatically considered superior to wild card spot holders. If the Lions really are better than us next season though, I don't see what's wrong with calling it how you see it. What would it matter if they went without a loss the season before? If they're better that season, they're better.

Edited by megadeth078, 15 December 2008 - 08:25 PM.

#28 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,230 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

Did you notice Korny was back in the studio last Tuesday? Usually is either still in the city from the Monday night game or he is off cuz he is tired. :lol: Well not last week, he couldn't wait to get out of Charlotte.

#29 Steel Panther

Steel Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:33 PM

I simply am trying to illustrate the psychology behind the 'heads being hesitant to tout the Cats. We are not CONSISTENT winners. I believe the same thinking is revealed when teams like USC, Ohio State, et.al. are picked atop the college football rankings year-in-year-out, before a single down has been played. Why? Because that's where they end up more often that not. If we put together a string of five or six years in a row going deep into the playoffs, I guarantee you, the Panther opponents would be whining about why the Panthers get all the press.

#30 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,029 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:39 PM

Cowboys are not consistent winners. They have a large fanbase and that's why they're getting this amount of coverage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com