Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyMagic97

FBI Moving Towards FIFA Corruption Charges

http://us.cnn.com/2014/11/13/politics/fbi-fifa-corruption-probe/index.html?sr=sharebar_twitter

FBI agents based in New York are moving ahead with their 3-year-old investigation, which will likely benefit from the findings of a former U.S. prosecutor, Michael Garcia, who was hired by FIFA to do an internal probe. The FBI plans to seek access to Garcia's report, which FIFA hasn't yet released.

Michael Garcia, who was hired by FIFA to do the internal probe, has accused FIFA of "numerous materially incomplete and erroneous misrepresentations of facts" found in his reports.

This could get messy.

Oh lord... FBI will turn them all upside down and unfortunately for Qatar and Russia, you can't bribe them.

I'm going to enjoy this.

popcorn_yes.gif

I really hope it does. It'd be awesome if an American outlet brought Blatter down.

Empty the Blatter!

Not just that... he could face corruption charges and receive 20 years in prison...

Realistically, what can the FBI do? FIFA isn't HQ'd here and I doubt many if any of the execs live here.

Unless they used US to hide money. FBI can freeze their accountants and order to show up for court here.

FIFA ethics investigator is shocked by the ruling. He's said there were definitely red flags.

Realistically, what can the FBI do? FIFA isn't HQ'd here and I doubt many if any of the execs live here.

What the FBI can do is make the extent of FIFA's corruption known to the public. This is incredibly important.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    GeauxSainz