Photo
- - - - -

I hope UK fans enjoy the 2009-2010 season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:34 AM

Becauase after this season the NCAA is going to be all over Cal again. I know for a fact that the Wall recruitment was on the scale of Bryce Brown at UT (taking payments etc...) and its anyone's guess as to what happened with Cousins on his visit. Calipari is about to be a part of an epic fall and this IMO is going to be the only year that he has at UK to try and do something special before an investigation ensues.

UK probably knew it was going to get baggage with Cal but I seriously doubt that they are going to let him come in and tarnish their history. Look at Eddie Sutton, and he was a choir boy compared to Cal.

#2 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:34 PM

I don't doubt it, but how do you know for a fact the Wall recruitment had any shady dealings?

#3 PanthersWin

PanthersWin

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

Cal now has 2 FF teams erased from the records.

#4 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

Cal now has 2 FF teams erased from the records.

If the NCAA got down and dirty with every team that has ever made the Final Four, I guarantee you 90 percent of them would be vacated. The UCLA dynasty teams were coached by a man who is above reproach, and yet their players got paid handsomely by a famous booster. Should Wooden be stripped of his 10 titles?

Camby was an idiot at UMASS, and the Derrick Rose thing (along with OJ Mayo) just shows me how stupid the one-and-done rule is for basketball. Players can't declare out of high school so they do what they have to do for that one year.

#5 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:04 PM

I don't doubt it, but how do you know for a fact the Wall recruitment had any shady dealings?

I kept up a lot with that recruitment and I know some people in ADs that started getting word of some seriously shady stuff that happened. Take my word for it...Wall and Clifton both received SERIOUS compensation from Kentucky. Personally, I still have reservations as to how Wall and Bledsoe miraculously got their quallifying SAT scores after failing to do so on multiple attempts. They both had one more chance to take it and they both passed on the last time. I want to believe that they got those scores legitimately but with this stuff with Dozier and Rose coming out...I have a hard time believe it.

The Cousin's mention is a hunch because the day before he took his visit he had KSU, NCSU, and Washington all on his radar with serious consideration. About 4 hours after getting to the UK campus and having a sit down with Cal he made a commitment. He didn't just move them to the top of his list...he committed. That doesn't tend to happen very often...

If the NCAA got down and dirty with every team that has ever made the Final Four, I guarantee you 90 percent of them would be vacated. The UCLA dynasty teams were coached by a man who is above reproach, and yet their players got paid handsomely by a famous booster. Should Wooden be stripped of his 10 titles?

Camby was an idiot at UMASS, and the Derrick Rose thing (along with OJ Mayo) just shows me how stupid the one-and-done rule is for basketball. Players can't declare out of high school so they do what they have to do for that one year.

Cal is not getting picked on man. I understand that a lot of players at programs get some sort of compensation, whether it is a remedial job at a car dealership or just are given a car to drive around for being on the team. But you cross the line when you forge SAT scores...Brandon Jennings DID NOT get into Arizona when he failed to qualify. He had the same crap going on as Derrick Rose, yet Rose got to play for a national championship because he cheated. You are fooling yourself if you believe that every team cheats. Its just not the way it goes...Cal is now probably the shadiest coach in the history of NCAA basketball. He will never be in the hall of fame because of it and his title this year (if that Cats can muster it) will be in serious question. Especially after the investigation ensues, which it will. I have very little doubt unless the NCAA just feels that UK is too big a school to bring down.

Edited by unicar15, 20 August 2009 - 04:06 PM.

#6 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:07 PM

I kept up a lot with that recruitment and I know some people in ADs that started getting word of some seriously shady stuff that happened. Take my word for it...Wall and Clifton both received SERIOUS compensation from Kentucky. Personally, I still have reservations as to how Wall and Bledsoe miraculously got their quallifying SAT scores after failing to do so on multiple attempts. They both had one more chance to take it and they both passed on the last time. I want to believe that they got those scores legitimately but with this stuff with Dozier and Rose coming out...I have a hard time believe it.

The Cousin's mention is a hunch because the day before he took his visit he had KSU, NCSU, and Washington all on his radar with serious consideration. About 4 hours after getting to the UK campus and having a sit down with Cal he made a commitment. He didn't just move them to the top of his list...he committed. That doesn't tend to happen very often...

Cal is not getting picked on man. I understand that a lot of players at programs get some sort of compensation, whether it is a remedial job at a car dealership or just are given a car to drive around for being on the team. But you cross the line when you forge SAT scores...Brandon Jennings DID NOT get into Arizona when he failed to qualify. He had the same crap going on as Derrick Rose, yet Rose got to play for a national championship because he cheated. You are fooling yourself if you believe that every team cheats. Its just not the way it goes...Cal is now probably the shadiest coach in the history of NCAA basketball. He will never be in the hall of fame because of it and his title this year (if that Cats can muster it) will be in serious question. Especially after the investigation ensues, which it will. I have very little doubt unless the NCAA just feels that UK is too big a school to bring down.

Roy Williams, Rick Pitino, John Calipari....which is the only coach with ZERO NCAA sanctions on his record? Hint, it's not Williams or Pitino.

#7 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:00 PM

BOTH FINAL FOURS GONNA BE VACATED

would have been that much sweeter if they had won the NC.

#8 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:35 AM

Roy Williams, Rick Pitino, John Calipari....which is the only coach with ZERO NCAA sanctions on his record? Hint, it's not Williams or Pitino.

Are having final fours stripped away not sanctions?? I would rather have what Pitino and Williams got rather than having my name taken out of the record books TWICE for final fours. The guy is dirty, everyone knows it, and UK is about to find out at its own expense.

#9 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:33 AM

Are having final fours stripped away not sanctions?? I would rather have what Pitino and Williams got rather than having my name taken out of the record books TWICE for final fours. The guy is dirty, everyone knows it, and UK is about to find out at its own expense.

Not against the coach. One player got an agent, the other cheated on his exam before he ever put on a uniform. The NCAA cleared him to play and so Memphis let him play.

It used to be that college basketball used the top players. Now it's the other way around. And the NCAA is like a blindfolded kid swinging a stick in a room full of pinatas.

Please tell me how the Marcus Camby deal is different from the Corey Maggette one? Other than the fact that UMass was stripped of its one Final Four and Duke didn't even get a slap on the wrist.

#10 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

Not against the coach. One player got an agent, the other cheated on his exam before he ever put on a uniform. The NCAA cleared him to play and so Memphis let him play.

It used to be that college basketball used the top players. Now it's the other way around. And the NCAA is like a blindfolded kid swinging a stick in a room full of pinatas.

Please tell me how the Marcus Camby deal is different from the Corey Maggette one? Other than the fact that UMass was stripped of its one Final Four and Duke didn't even get a slap on the wrist.

Its a CONSPIRACY!!!

#11 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:42 PM

Its a CONSPIRACY!!!

Kansas had an ineligible player (at least, until the NCAA let them fix things up a little bit). Darrell Arthur.

#12 DWill

DWill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

Ok, and from that same list, which is the only coach to have FF vacated from two different schools.

I'm really not trying to start a fight but facts are facts. UK was so desperate to be relevant again that they made a deal with the devil. Whether UK fans want to admit it or not as long as Cal is in Lexington there will always be questions surrounding your program or as I like to call it, "the eternal black cloud that is John Calipari".

#13 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:26 PM

Kansas had an ineligible player (at least, until the NCAA let them fix things up a little bit). Darrell Arthur.

Obviously it wasn't a big enough deal to make them vacate the final four and national championship.

#14 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:30 PM

Obviously it wasn't a big enough deal to make them vacate the final four and national championship.

And why is that? Hmmm, let me think.

#15 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:31 PM

Ok, and from that same list, which is the only coach to have FF vacated from two different schools.

I'm really not trying to start a fight but facts are facts. UK was so desperate to be relevant again that they made a deal with the devil. Whether UK fans want to admit it or not as long as Cal is in Lexington there will always be questions surrounding your program or as I like to call it, "the eternal black cloud that is John Calipari".

I refuse to argue with you as long as you have her in your avatar. Remove her and I shall eviscerate thee.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com