Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I hope UK fans enjoy the 2009-2010 season

37 posts in this topic

Posted

:lol: at unicar and his "know for a fact"... Easy there internet savant.

I didn't read that on the internet. If you can find where that has even been on the internet then you would have seen more than me. If you don't want to believe me then that is definitely your choice but its a fact that John Wall and Brian Clifton received ALOT of money from Kentucky boosters (dating all the way back to when Billy G was there).

Posted

:lol:

That's an easy unsubstantiated allegation to make

Posted

I didn't read that on the internet. If you can find where that has even been on the internet then you would have seen more than me. If you don't want to believe me then that is definitely your choice but its a fact that John Wall and Brian Clifton received ALOT of money from Kentucky boosters (dating all the way back to when Billy G was there).

Now I know you're full of crap. Kentucky wasn't even on John Wall's radar until Calipari got there. It was supposedly between Memphis and Duke.

Posted

Now I know you're full of crap. Kentucky wasn't even on John Wall's radar until Calipari got there. It was supposedly between Memphis and Duke.

Why do you claim to know more than others about this recruitment when you say "supposedly" it was between Memphis and Duke? Its just not true. Kentucky was the third team in the mix after Oklahoma State and NC State. If you want the chronology of the Wall recruitment I will give it to you. Gillespie was definitely trying to get in with Wall and that is when the boosters started making payments. You guys can try to deny it all you want but it happened...

Just accept the fact that UK was in a downward spiral that had never happened before and the boosters were not about to stand by and let that happen. They were doing everything they could to try to ensure that a superstar player would be there for whoever the coach was. It just so happened that they ended up getting the coach as well. If you think that UK went about all of this "honestly" then you are the one that is full of it..

Posted

Why do you claim to know more than others about this recruitment when you say "supposedly" it was between Memphis and Duke? Its just not true. Kentucky was the third team in the mix after Oklahoma State and NC State. If you want the chronology of the Wall recruitment I will give it to you. Gillespie was definitely trying to get in with Wall and that is when the boosters started making payments. You guys can try to deny it all you want but it happened...

Just accept the fact that UK was in a downward spiral that had never happened before and the boosters were not about to stand by and let that happen. They were doing everything they could to try to ensure that a superstar player would be there for whoever the coach was. It just so happened that they ended up getting the coach as well. If you think that UK went about all of this "honestly" then you are the one that is full of it..

Kentucky was making payments to a player who didn't even list them until Calipari got there? Okay.

Posted

Kentucky was making payments to a player who didn't even list them until Calipari got there? Okay.

He DID list them...This time last year there were 4 major players in his recruitment. NC State, Kentucky, Baylor, and Oklahoma State. Things started unravelling at UK so he backed off them. There is no point in arguing with you about this because you are a UK fan which means you aren't going to look at this rationally because for some reason you don't want to admit that your program is willing to pay for players..

Posted

I really want to know, unicar- how does it feel being better informed than both the NCAA and every mainstream media outlet?

Posted

I really want to know, unicar- how does it feel being better informed than both the NCAA and every mainstream media outlet?

I don't really care if you think its true or not. I know for a fact that Wall got paid in HS. Just like Lebron got paid, just like OJ Mayo got paid, just like Reggie Bush got paid. He was the #1 prep basketball player in the country and was involved in the most publicized recruitment in recent memory. To think he received nothing out of it is just beyond naive.

Posted

I don't really care if you think its true or not. I know for a fact that Wall got paid in HS. Just like Lebron got paid, just like OJ Mayo got paid, just like Reggie Bush got paid. He was the #1 prep basketball player in the country and was involved in the most publicized recruitment in recent memory. To think he received nothing out of it is just beyond naive.

So, your "knowing for a fact" is a fact because it would be "naive" to think otherwise. You're convincing me! Keep it up

Posted

So, your "knowing for a fact" is a fact because it would be "naive" to think otherwise. You're convincing me! Keep it up

It doesn't matter because I'm not giving you guys a name or link you will never believe me. So...arguing about this is pointless just drop it.

Posted

He DID list them...This time last year there were 4 major players in his recruitment. NC State, Kentucky, Baylor, and Oklahoma State. Things started unravelling at UK so he backed off them. There is no point in arguing with you about this because you are a UK fan which means you aren't going to look at this rationally because for some reason you don't want to admit that your program is willing to pay for players..

I'm on a Kentucky message board every day where they talk about every three star player and above that has Kentucky on his list. This is the first I've heard of John Wall having any interest in UK before Calipari got there. Now if you had made up a story about Patrick Patterson getting paid, I might have believed you. That's all people talked about on there for a year was his recruitment. And the kid who was supposed to come with him but went to Florida instead. But John Wall? Nope. Nary a peep.

Posted

I'm on a Kentucky message board every day where they talk about every three star player and above that has Kentucky on his list. This is the first I've heard of John Wall having any interest in UK before Calipari got there. Now if you had made up a story about Patrick Patterson getting paid, I might have believed you. That's all people talked about on there for a year was his recruitment. And the kid who was supposed to come with him but went to Florida instead. But John Wall? Nope. Nary a peep.

That is great that you get your info from a message board...they are wrong. You realize that you are saying that you believe one group of people from a message board but won't believe another? The only reason you don't want to believe me is because it reflects negatively on your program (even before Calipari). That is ok...you can believe what you want but what reason do I have to lie about this? I don't have a dog in the fight...Its not like I'm a Louisville or Florida fan. I have no hard-feelings toward UK at all...

If you'd like I can tell you the weekend that I heard UK was recruiting John Wall. It was Bob Gibbons 2008 right after I heard that Oklahoma St. was recruiting him hard as well. It was right before his recruitment really blew up on a national level.