Photo
- - - - -

I hope UK fans enjoy the 2009-2010 season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#16 PanthersWin

PanthersWin

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

Obviously it wasn't a big enough deal to make them vacate the final four and national championship.

final ruling for the darrell aurthur mix up.

http://www.dallasisd...1235425993.html

The legal review also examined the issue of whether certain student-athletes properly earned course credit to enable them to graduate. The report indicates that, because of widespread misunderstanding of district policies, students who graduated years ago should not be deprived of course credit on their transcripts.

the ncaa never got involved.

#17 DWill

DWill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:53 PM

I refuse to argue with you as long as you have her in your avatar. Remove her and I shall eviscerate thee.

Why is she keeping you from "eviscerating"? What do you have against her?

#18 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:13 PM

Why is she keeping you from "eviscerating"? What do you have against her?

I was saying she's too cute. I can't argue with you while looking at her.

By the way, here is how I feel about it all....

http://www.hoopsrepo...phisallegations

Edited by Meat, 21 August 2009 - 05:22 PM.

#19 DWill

DWill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:30 PM

I was saying she's too cute. I can't argue with you while looking at her.

By the way, here is how I feel about it all....

http://www.hoopsrepo...phisallegations

Haha, I can appreciate that but I'm not taking her off.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand. Let me start by saying this, I know UK fans have defend Cal because he's your guy and we as sports fans always, always defend our players/coaches no matter what. The problem is your defending a guy that is nearly undefendable and everyone outside of big blue nation knows it. Also, don't think for a second that your guy Brett Blevins, aurthor of the article you linked, has any less of an agenda than the people he's calling out. He is from Kentucky and for all I know went to UK. I mean come on, anyone who refers to World Wide Wes as "Mr. Wes" is obviously a friend of his and has a distorted view of things.

#20 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:56 PM

Vacatapari

GO GET EM PAT FORDE

#21 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:18 AM

Pat Forde is a bud of Rick Pitino's, and has been since he was at Kentucky. When Pitino was at UK, Forde helped get U of L in trouble. The two are writing a book together.

Pitino HATES Calipari. (and vice versa)

Pitino is under the national spotlight for his scandal with that woman.

Forde, who remained silent throughout that whole ordeal, goes on the attack when Memphis has its problems. Did Calipari do anything as bad as screwing around on his wife, then paying for his mistress' abortion? No. Worst case scenario, he helped Derrick Rose skirt the SAT requirement so that he could make millions of dollars sooner rather than later. Cheating? If he did that, yes. But blame the silly one-and-done rule instituted by the NCAA/NBA. How many of those kids do YOU think are going to study in that first year? How much studying did you do as a freshman?

If you want the real dirtbag here, look 75 miles west of Lexington. I guarantee you every ounce of dirt Forde "has" on Calipari came directly from Pitino.

Calipari has enemies because he takes at risk kids. Was John Thompson a scumbag? Was John Chaney? :P

#22 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:37 AM

:lol: at unicar and his "know for a fact"... Easy there internet savant.

#23 DWill

DWill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:55 PM

Pat Forde is a bud of Rick Pitino's, and has been since he was at Kentucky. When Pitino was at UK, Forde helped get U of L in trouble. The two are writing a book together.

Pitino HATES Calipari. (and vice versa)

Pitino is under the national spotlight for his scandal with that woman.

Forde, who remained silent throughout that whole ordeal, goes on the attack when Memphis has its problems. Did Calipari do anything as bad as screwing around on his wife, then paying for his mistress' abortion? No. Worst case scenario, he helped Derrick Rose skirt the SAT requirement so that he could make millions of dollars sooner rather than later. Cheating? If he did that, yes. But blame the silly one-and-done rule instituted by the NCAA/NBA. How many of those kids do YOU think are going to study in that first year? How much studying did you do as a freshman?

If you want the real dirtbag here, look 75 miles west of Lexington. I guarantee you every ounce of dirt Forde "has" on Calipari came directly from Pitino.

Calipari has enemies because he takes at risk kids. Was John Thompson a scumbag? Was John Chaney? :P

Can't disagree with much of anything of this. My point was simply, don't think the article you linked wasn't written with an agenda as well.

#24 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:34 PM

Can anyone explain this to me...

Marcus Camby gets an agent. Calipari turns this info into the NCAA and the NCAA proceeds to strip UMass of its only Final Four appearance.

Corey Maggette gets an agent. Coach K doesn't turn this in. Duke does a great cover up job. NCAA says this case is "still pending" 10 years later. Duke loses no scholarships, wins....anything.

#25 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:23 PM

:lol: at unicar and his "know for a fact"... Easy there internet savant.

I didn't read that on the internet. If you can find where that has even been on the internet then you would have seen more than me. If you don't want to believe me then that is definitely your choice but its a fact that John Wall and Brian Clifton received ALOT of money from Kentucky boosters (dating all the way back to when Billy G was there).

#26 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:34 PM

:lol:

That's an easy unsubstantiated allegation to make

#27 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

I didn't read that on the internet. If you can find where that has even been on the internet then you would have seen more than me. If you don't want to believe me then that is definitely your choice but its a fact that John Wall and Brian Clifton received ALOT of money from Kentucky boosters (dating all the way back to when Billy G was there).

Now I know you're full of crap. Kentucky wasn't even on John Wall's radar until Calipari got there. It was supposedly between Memphis and Duke.

#28 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:15 AM

Now I know you're full of crap. Kentucky wasn't even on John Wall's radar until Calipari got there. It was supposedly between Memphis and Duke.

Why do you claim to know more than others about this recruitment when you say "supposedly" it was between Memphis and Duke? Its just not true. Kentucky was the third team in the mix after Oklahoma State and NC State. If you want the chronology of the Wall recruitment I will give it to you. Gillespie was definitely trying to get in with Wall and that is when the boosters started making payments. You guys can try to deny it all you want but it happened...

Just accept the fact that UK was in a downward spiral that had never happened before and the boosters were not about to stand by and let that happen. They were doing everything they could to try to ensure that a superstar player would be there for whoever the coach was. It just so happened that they ended up getting the coach as well. If you think that UK went about all of this "honestly" then you are the one that is full of it..

#29 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:52 AM

Why do you claim to know more than others about this recruitment when you say "supposedly" it was between Memphis and Duke? Its just not true. Kentucky was the third team in the mix after Oklahoma State and NC State. If you want the chronology of the Wall recruitment I will give it to you. Gillespie was definitely trying to get in with Wall and that is when the boosters started making payments. You guys can try to deny it all you want but it happened...

Just accept the fact that UK was in a downward spiral that had never happened before and the boosters were not about to stand by and let that happen. They were doing everything they could to try to ensure that a superstar player would be there for whoever the coach was. It just so happened that they ended up getting the coach as well. If you think that UK went about all of this "honestly" then you are the one that is full of it..

Kentucky was making payments to a player who didn't even list them until Calipari got there? Okay.

#30 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:07 AM

Kentucky was making payments to a player who didn't even list them until Calipari got there? Okay.

He DID list them...This time last year there were 4 major players in his recruitment. NC State, Kentucky, Baylor, and Oklahoma State. Things started unravelling at UK so he backed off them. There is no point in arguing with you about this because you are a UK fan which means you aren't going to look at this rationally because for some reason you don't want to admit that your program is willing to pay for players..

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com