Photo
- - - - -

I hope UK fans enjoy the 2009-2010 season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#31 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:54 AM

I really want to know, unicar- how does it feel being better informed than both the NCAA and every mainstream media outlet?

#32 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:09 AM

I really want to know, unicar- how does it feel being better informed than both the NCAA and every mainstream media outlet?

I don't really care if you think its true or not. I know for a fact that Wall got paid in HS. Just like Lebron got paid, just like OJ Mayo got paid, just like Reggie Bush got paid. He was the #1 prep basketball player in the country and was involved in the most publicized recruitment in recent memory. To think he received nothing out of it is just beyond naive.

#33 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:13 AM

I don't really care if you think its true or not. I know for a fact that Wall got paid in HS. Just like Lebron got paid, just like OJ Mayo got paid, just like Reggie Bush got paid. He was the #1 prep basketball player in the country and was involved in the most publicized recruitment in recent memory. To think he received nothing out of it is just beyond naive.

So, your "knowing for a fact" is a fact because it would be "naive" to think otherwise. You're convincing me! Keep it up

#34 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:08 AM

So, your "knowing for a fact" is a fact because it would be "naive" to think otherwise. You're convincing me! Keep it up

It doesn't matter because I'm not giving you guys a name or link you will never believe me. So...arguing about this is pointless just drop it.

#35 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:16 PM

He DID list them...This time last year there were 4 major players in his recruitment. NC State, Kentucky, Baylor, and Oklahoma State. Things started unravelling at UK so he backed off them. There is no point in arguing with you about this because you are a UK fan which means you aren't going to look at this rationally because for some reason you don't want to admit that your program is willing to pay for players..

I'm on a Kentucky message board every day where they talk about every three star player and above that has Kentucky on his list. This is the first I've heard of John Wall having any interest in UK before Calipari got there. Now if you had made up a story about Patrick Patterson getting paid, I might have believed you. That's all people talked about on there for a year was his recruitment. And the kid who was supposed to come with him but went to Florida instead. But John Wall? Nope. Nary a peep.

#36 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:15 PM

I'm on a Kentucky message board every day where they talk about every three star player and above that has Kentucky on his list. This is the first I've heard of John Wall having any interest in UK before Calipari got there. Now if you had made up a story about Patrick Patterson getting paid, I might have believed you. That's all people talked about on there for a year was his recruitment. And the kid who was supposed to come with him but went to Florida instead. But John Wall? Nope. Nary a peep.

That is great that you get your info from a message board...they are wrong. You realize that you are saying that you believe one group of people from a message board but won't believe another? The only reason you don't want to believe me is because it reflects negatively on your program (even before Calipari). That is ok...you can believe what you want but what reason do I have to lie about this? I don't have a dog in the fight...Its not like I'm a Louisville or Florida fan. I have no hard-feelings toward UK at all...

If you'd like I can tell you the weekend that I heard UK was recruiting John Wall. It was Bob Gibbons 2008 right after I heard that Oklahoma St. was recruiting him hard as well. It was right before his recruitment really blew up on a national level.

#37 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:46 PM

That is great that you get your info from a message board...they are wrong. You realize that you are saying that you believe one group of people from a message board but won't believe another? The only reason you don't want to believe me is because it reflects negatively on your program (even before Calipari). That is ok...you can believe what you want but what reason do I have to lie about this? I don't have a dog in the fight...Its not like I'm a Louisville or Florida fan. I have no hard-feelings toward UK at all...

If you'd like I can tell you the weekend that I heard UK was recruiting John Wall. It was Bob Gibbons 2008 right after I heard that Oklahoma St. was recruiting him hard as well. It was right before his recruitment really blew up on a national level.

The media was the one reporting Wall was down to Duke and Memphis as his top two. He was never mentioned on the message board until that one columnist (he's buds with Calipari) suggested we might get Cousin, Wall and Henry in a package deal with Cal. Everyone was like "Whoa, Christmas morning!" because none of those three had ever mentioned UK before.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com