• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Plewis

2015 North Carolina State University Mens Basketball

anya ain't no fluke

I hurd that. Didn't get to see the game. Listened to a bit of it right before halftime. Was kinda scared to check the score cuz Richmond was shooting lights out. Man... looks like we might have something here.

I figured our ceiling this year was a bubble team, and it probably still is.

But damn, it's nice to win games like the Richmond game or the USF game....both of which we would've blown or just flat out lost the past couple of years. This team doesn't have any stars, and maybe only a couple long-shot 3rd team All-ACC guys...but I like what I see so far. 

Alright boys, we got 4-1 Boise State tonight. Their only loss coming at the hands of Wisconsin. If you want to go for 20 bucks you have tickets to tonight's game and against Cincinnati this Tuesday night. I'd take the deal if I lived in RDU. http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetGroupList?prc=CYBER&caller=PR&linkID=ncsu&RDAT=&RSRC

Let's go Pack

Game is on 7 PM on ESPN 3

http://www.gopack.com/sports/coachgott/spec-rel/112714aae.html

The Starting 5 - The Top 5 Storylines For This Game

1. GOING FOR 6-0
A win Wednesday would lift the Wolfpack to a 6-0 start, the first such start for NCSU under Mark Gottfried. NC State is currently 5-0 to start a season for the first time since 2009-10, when the Wolfpack also started 5-0. That team ended up 20-16 and in the NIT. If this edition of the Wolfpack beats Richmond and gets to 5-0, it would be the 11th time since the start of the ACC (1953-54) that NC State has started a season with a 6-0 mark.

2. OPPONENTS FEELING REJECTED
NC State is among the national leaders in blocked shots. The Wolfpack is currently first in the ACC and sixth in the nation with 7.80 blocked shots per game. Led by BeeJay Anya's school-record 10 rejections, NC State recorded 14 blocked shots in a 79-43 win over Jacksonville. The Pack also owns two games with seven blocks and Wednesday's Richmond game resulted in six swats. Anya leads the conference with 22 swats, which is also good for fourth in the nation.

3. METHOD TO THE SCHEDULING MADNESS
You won't see a lot of basketball teams from Power 5 leagues (outside of exempt tournaments) play teams as good as Richmond and Boise State in a 48-hour span. Mark Gottfried chose those two quality opponents thinking they would be able to contend for championships in their respective conferences. Additionally, playing two opponents with just one day in between can also simulate the schedule and quality of play found in the NCAA Tournament.

4. BOARD WORK
NC State's early results on the rebounding front suggest the Wolfpack is much improved on the glass. NC State ranked 326th in the nation in defensive rebounding percentage (64.3%) last season. After five games, that number has improved to 75.2%, which ranks third in the ACC. NC State currently leads the ACC in defensive rebounds per game with 31.0. Individually, NC State is led on the boards by Lennard Freeman. The 6-8 sophomore is pulling in 9.4 rebounds per game and has 44 rebounds over the last four games.

5. 3 SEASONS, 3 NCAAs
Mark Gottfried, in his fourth season at NC State, will be working toward mentoring his team into the NCAA Tournament for the fourth straight season. The Wolfpack has made the Big Dance in each of his first three seasons, making Gottfried the first Pack coach and just the third in ACC history to achieve that feat. It marks the first time NC State had made three straight tournaments since 2004-06.

We should have run them out of the building. This game was a little closer than I would like. It would help if we had a shooter like Scott Wood.

We should have run them out of the building. This game was a little closer than I would like. It would help if we had a shooter like Scott Wood.

our problems lie with defense like every gott team

Smart move by Gottfried. Roy has followed that scheduling technique to get his guys ready for march for years.

Don't put too much stock into that.

NCSU's current SOS has bottomed out as low as 235 out of 350 as where UNC's and Duke's are bottoming out at around the 20th range and hovering as high as the top 10.

I love Scott Wood. It would also help to have Julius hodge, j.j. hickson and to warren. We have the team we have right now. We aren't necessarily winning pretty but we are winning. If we can complain about 6-0 as NC State fans we'll never be happy.

Go Pack!

NCSU's current SOS has bottomed out as low as 235 out of 350 as where UNC's and Duke's are bottoming out at around the 20th range and hovering as high as the top 10.

I just meant scheduling tough mid-majors

Purdue on the road could be tough. With that said I know nothing about Purdue basketball.

our rpi is better than UNC so there's that