Photo
- - - - -

NFL.com Pro-Bowl

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#16 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:54 PM

honestly... who gives a poo.... it is a meaningless game.... Everyone knows that when the Beast is up for a contract, he is going to be paid like a top 5 lb

#17 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,193 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:01 AM

probowl is a joke and just a stupid popularity contest where the big market teams sit around in a circle jerk and then come back to the mainland and demand more cash from their teams.

our players getting overlooked isn't a bad thing. it is a lack of respect that will fuel them. i hope none of our guys get picked for it and we go and dominate the playoffs and win the superbowl to show just how big of a sham it is.

#18 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:24 AM

Big Ben? McNabb? What's with these bizarro picks from George?

I was thinking the same thing....Justin Hartwig?? Even as a Panther fan....Ryan Kalil?

Edited by X-Clown, 16 December 2008 - 01:27 AM.

#19 British_Panther

British_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:08 AM

I was just looking at stats for kickers and I can't believe none of them mention Jason Hanson (DET). He has kicked 21-22 including 8-8 over 50. Matt Bryant has plenty of field goals because TB sucks in the red zone, he is 0-3 over 50. Seriously, these guys suck at their jobs.

#20 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,663 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:13 AM

I was thinking the same thing....Justin Hartwig?? Even as a Panther fan....Ryan Kalil?

McNabb has over 20 TD passes. You guys think Delhomme should get it instead? haha

#21 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:05 AM

well if peppers goes so does are bank...

#22 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:06 AM

I am somewhat stunned about the Steve Smith recognition.

He is third in the league in yards,
Tied first with 19 receptions of 20 or more yards,
Tied fourth with 5 catches over 40 yards in the NFC,
Third in receiving average in the league (minimum 50 catches - second behind Johnson in NFC),
Leads the league in yards per game with 103.3
Leads the NFC with 75.7% of his catches going for a first down (minimum 30 catches)
Tied 7th int he NFC with 6 TDs

The only thing Boldin and Fitz are better than him at are finding the end zone, but that is more a product of Arizona literally giving up with the running game.

Kasay clearly deserves recognition as well as he has the second best completion percentage in the league. Obviously they all feel that kickoffs are just as important as converting field goals...

I am also confused at the BEason snubbing some did. He literally has better stats in every catergory than London Fletcher bar Fletcher's half a sack.

Edited by Urrymonster, 16 December 2008 - 08:13 AM.

#23 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:39 AM

McNabb has over 20 TD passes. You guys think Delhomme should get it instead? haha

No, but to me Eli Manning is a cut above him since he plays on the better team and wasn't ever benched this season. If you want to throw stat arguments out there, even Aaron Rodgers has better peripherals than McNabb.

#24 APCegr

APCegr

Huddle Engineer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:04 AM

Pro-Bowl is just about who everyone knows, its obvious, explain to me how LT is doing better then DeAngelo? I mean yeah he is definitely a great rb but he hasn't done a damn thing this year... Pro-Bowl voting is overrrated, everyone just selects who they know, half the guys on the ballots have not done a single thing all year... its a joke...

#25 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:13 AM

I think you mean: :x)

Ok, I laughed at that one too... LOL

#26 Marc Anthony

Marc Anthony

FORUM VET

• HUDDLER
  • 4,190 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:14 AM

Popularity wins you the Pro Bowl...I never watch it anyway...

#27 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:49 AM

Pro-Bowl is just about who everyone knows, its obvious, explain to me how LT is doing better then DeAngelo? I mean yeah he is definitely a great rb but he hasn't done a damn thing this year... Pro-Bowl voting is overrrated, everyone just selects who they know, half the guys on the ballots have not done a single thing all year... its a joke...

Tomlinson is in the AFC, so his being selected would not have anything to do with Deangelo not getting selected. The fan voting is bs, I agree, although it only is 1/3 of the weight.

#28 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:52 AM

I still don't get how the leader in TDs is only on one of their ballots. As a Falcons fan i'd put him behind turner but not behind AP. AP only has 9 TDs. I know AP is a beast but only 9 TDs

#29 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:16 AM

I still don't get how the leader in TDs is only on one of their ballots. As a Falcons fan i'd put him behind turner but not behind AP. AP only has 9 TDs. I know AP is a beast but only 9 TDs

AP's leading the league in rushing yards though. It's unfortunate for Deangelo that he's stuck in a conference with great running backs. He would more than likely be the #1 starter if he played in the AFC.

#30 RickD4NCSt8

RickD4NCSt8

My 2 Cents

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:35 AM

Beason, Peppers, D. Williams, Steve Smith, and John Kasay all deserve pro bowl consideration...that said, I'm glad this team is much more concerned about winning the Superbowl than any individual accolades.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com