Photo
- - - - -

SI Prediction: Bucs win an easy one..wtf

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

http://sportsillustr...ex.html?eref=T1

From the skimming this article, SI thinks tampa will win easy cuase we have no second option to steve smith, and tampa's d is better than our running attack is good. Also they think julius is old. wtf...please give your input, and if im wrong or drawing the wrong assumptions from this article, feel free to let me know. :mad5:

#2 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:14 PM

I think this will be the best F%&king MNF game this year. The Ba&t%#ds better thank us. We win 24-20.

Bunch of A$$ holes...

#3 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:14 PM

it's already been posted, that guy kind of had a valid point but then lost it by getting a whole bunch of poo wrong and making idiotic comparisons

I've seen alot better articles than his, i don't have problems with opinions as long as they make sense

#4 Ashor

Ashor

Taylor Swift

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

Well if it was the other way around it would be a huge jinx. So it's better to be an underdog to the media.

#5 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

Peppers is old? What kind of poo is that?

#6 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:24 PM

Wow, this article is unbelievably stupid.

The guy makes fun of our 3 point win over Chicago but then calls Tampa's 3 point win (in overtime) against Chicago "gutty." He says our 34-0 victory ove the Chiefs was meaningless but fails to mention that the Tampons needed every bit of 60 minutes to put KC away. He then says they suffered a tough, hard fought and respectable loss to Dallas. Fine, but they lost to fuging BRAD JOHNSON and only put up 9 points against an awful Dallas defense.

If you are going to criticize the schedules, at least think about what you are saying. The results between the two teams have hardly been much different this year. Tampa struggled against Minnesota and Detroit just like we did. The only difference thus far is 27-3 and we all know that game would have been much different without the early blocked punt. This douche acts like this matchup is the defending SB champs against a high school team.

#7 litesabre

litesabre

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:24 PM

It all makes sense. We can win and look bad, but the Bucs can lose and look good. Makes all the sense in the world. We're just lucky to be where we are.

Give me a break. You can't base everything on our last meeting.

#8 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:27 PM

Whats new. Everyone hates to love us.

#9 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

Good god.

I've noticed a common trend.

Analysts and writers clench to the nuts of whatever team is hot at the moment.

The Steelers beat the Pats the other day, now all of a sudden they jump 5 places in most power rankings and are the 3rd best team in the nfl.

Matt Cassel had 2 great games, writers said how he might be better than Tom Brady. Cassel had a bad game, oh we were wrong.

It's just the same dumb poo over and over. They don't take any time or effort to actually research their subject. They'd rather dress it up as flashy and strongly opinionated.

#10 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:32 PM

I have SO WANTED to use this emoticon and now I can!

:dupe:

#11 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:33 AM

Good god.

I've noticed a common trend.

Analysts and writers clench to the nuts of whatever team is hot at the moment.

No doubt. I bet there are still analysts who think New Orleans is going to make the playoffs.

#12 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:44 AM

Why do people love to hate us so much? ;)

#13 bryn10

bryn10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:43 AM

this is absolute crap

#14 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:22 AM

Whats new. Everyone hates to love us.

Only half of em hate to love us...

... the other half love to hate us :D

#15 Munkey

Munkey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:01 AM

As dumb as the comparisons he makes in the article.. I don't blame many people picking against us.

Besides last week, the 3 weeks prior to that were just awful play. I think we played a lot better in the Green Bay game and maybe John Fox realized we were just totaly in a slump and thats why we opened with a flea flicker, to announce we are going to put up a fight. The only problem was, our defense was still slacking.

Honestly, if our defense can't man up in the Tampa game, it's basically game over I think. Defense needs to show up this week and stop playing 200 feet off people on 3rd and long situations. Granted they did show up the first time around and our offense was the one having problems.. But you never know with this team, it's rare they both do good in the same game.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com