Photo
- - - - -

SI Prediction: Bucs win an easy one..wtf

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#16 ChinaPanther

ChinaPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:56 AM

As dumb as the comparisons he makes in the article.. I don't blame many people picking against us.

Besides last week, the 3 weeks prior to that were just awful play. I think we played a lot better in the Green Bay game and maybe John Fox realized we were just totaly in a slump and thats why we opened with a flea flicker, to announce we are going to put up a fight. The only problem was, our defense was still slacking.

Honestly, if our defense can't man up in the Tampa game, it's basically game over I think. Defense needs to show up this week and stop playing 200 feet off people on 3rd and long situations. Granted they did show up the first time around and our offense was the one having problems.. But you never know with this team, it's rare they both do good in the same game.

Yeah!! Thats what makes this team so scary. When you win and not play well is a sign of a great team.

#17 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,987 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:46 AM

http://sportsillustr...ex.html?eref=T1

From the skimming this article, SI thinks tampa will win easy cuase we have no second option to steve smith, and tampa's d is better than our running attack is good. Also they think julius is old. wtf...please give your input, and if im wrong or drawing the wrong assumptions from this article, feel free to let me know. :mad5:

I don't know why the media is on this "Panthers defense is old" kick. It started before the 2007 season. Ever since when does 28 qualify as "old"?

#18 1BucDeal

1BucDeal

PUP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:50 AM

Be glad they wrote this...it just pumps the players up more.

#19 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:55 AM

SI doesn't know poo, my drunk prediction I made to a friend last night: Panthers win 37-24.

#20 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:15 AM

We all have to learn the media is going to be against us all the way through the rest of the season, its hard to deal with but i dont see it flip flopping at all this season.

#21 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:51 AM

As the great Johnny Unitas said, "talk is cheap, let's play'.

If the Panthers lose this game, they deserve the loss. If they win, they earned the win.

Our leaders need to show up. Our players need to be intense and on from beginning to end. Our Defense needs to be disciplined. Our team needs to execute. Our coaches need to be innovative....well, 4 out of 5 ain't bad.

#22 Digibuc

Digibuc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:57 AM

The Bucs won the division last season and are currently in 1st place.

Even if the panthers win, this division will go down to the wire and we will send 2 teams to the playoffs.

Not being a homer but I like our chances only b/c we managed to hold Brees and that offense in check long enough to win. Jake doesn't strike fear in the Bucs D and our run D is stout.

Again, this game is big but not huge. We may meet again.;)

#23 rubberpantz

rubberpantz

Trevor, let's go, smokes!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:30 AM

i would have to disagree and say this game is huge.

as in enormous.

#24 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:59 AM

SI doesn't know sh*t, my drunk prediction I made to a friend last night: Panthers win 37-24.

37 points????? Against TB defense?? Bro, you WERE drunk when you made that prediction!! :D

I'm hoping the Panthers will pull it out but it's not going to be a similar score to what we saw last week for sure.

#25 Williams34

Williams34

Secretary of Offense

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:56 AM

fug stupidity :mad2: its getting soooo old

#26 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:06 PM

Well I am staying with my blowout prediction.

I think we run all over them and keep TOP-

Not because they are bad, but because we are going to play that good.

3rd game of the year that the offensive line will start together. :D good things are going to happen.

#27 MyDrunkardNC

MyDrunkardNC

Nervous Farter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:19 PM

From reading this article you'd think the team should start calling itself the Lions.

#28 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:27 PM

I think the panthers are going to look much much better this go around against the bucs. They got all their ints on tipped pass last time. Yea Jake was making bad throws especially the one to Muhammad in the endzone, but the bucs had alot of poo go their way.

#29 AK47 PANTHER

AK47 PANTHER

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:44 PM

http://sportsillustr...ex.html?eref=T1

From the skimming this article, SI thinks tampa will win easy cuase we have no second option to steve smith, and tampa's d is better than our running attack is good. Also they think julius is old. wtf...please give your input, and if im wrong or drawing the wrong assumptions from this article, feel free to let me know. :mad5:

There is not much new in this article, just the same old re-hashing of Smith as our only real weapon, Jake's inconsistency, etc.

The Bucs will be a challenge for sure, but if we play mistake free football we have a chance to win.

#30 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,265 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:44 AM

Easy pick. Tampa locks down Smith, probably with the physical Ronde Barber; and the combination of interior guys like Jovan Haye and Chris Hovan paired with Brooks and Barrett Ruud coming from the 'backer spots shuts down the Carolina run game, if only for one game. With a banged up backfield, I expect Garcia to attempt his fair share of shots downfield, but with Peppers on his trail he'll have his best luck working the short stuff to a talented set of tight ends. Tampa scores twice in the air and wins 20-10.

Congrats on the brilliant analysis, dude :smilielol5:

I especially like this part...

probably with the physical Ronde Barber

Edited by Mr Scot, 09 December 2008 - 02:06 AM.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com