• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

All I know is that little, I guess you would call it a screen, to Smith where Moose got probably the best run block by a receiver I have ever seen, worked out pretty well. I was like "we have a offensive lineman playing WR". Heck how many offensive linemen have you seen that can tie up two defenders at once?

Moose is an incredible down field blocker, but we have to agree that it was an incredibly remarkable play that won't be repeated soon. We are notoriously bad at screens and definitely need to get better...

#17 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:58 PM

Moose is an incredible down field blocker, but we have to agree that it was an incredibly remarkable play that won't be repeated soon. We are notoriously bad at screens and definitely need to get better...

I agree.

We need more of those double reverse handoff's and things like that tho.. those seem to work pretty well.

Like we tried that look again later in the game, and they bit on the smitty thing thing... and Stewart went up the gut for a few more (I do beleive)

That flea flicker seems to work out ok that what..2-3 times we've used it this season?

A couple trick plays.. more play action... and maybe a mid drive no huddle shotgun approach to put teh Defense on their heels.. or have them burn time outs... I think would be a good idea.

:willy_nilly:

#18 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:09 PM

I agree.

We need more of those double reverse handoff's and things like that tho.. those seem to work pretty well.

Like we tried that look again later in the game, and they bit on the smitty thing thing... and Stewart went up the gut for a few more (I do beleive)

That flea flicker seems to work out ok that what..2-3 times we've used it this season?

A couple trick plays.. more play action... and maybe a mid drive no huddle shotgun approach to put teh Defense on their heels.. or have them burn time outs... I think would be a good idea.

:willy_nilly:

And I agree. Reverses and flat passes to Smitty seem to work fine. But classic screens don't seem to work at all. They work for other teams, why not for us?

#19 Alverez

Alverez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:11 PM

And I agree. Reverses and flat passes to Smitty seem to work fine. But classic screens don't seem to work at all. They work for other teams, why not for us?

they spy our RB's?

:leaving:

#20 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:12 PM

they spy our RB's?

:leaving:

Everybody???

#21 Alverez

Alverez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:14 PM

Everybody???

The whole defense!!! :incazzato:

the bastards!

#22 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:18 PM

The whole defense!!! :incazzato:

the bastards!

I was talking about teams, but I certainly understand your point...

#23 Alverez

Alverez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:25 PM

I was talking about teams, but I certainly understand your point...

yeah.

We seem to use those plays at the most inopportune times tho...

like 3rd and 45 and stuff. And sometimes if they call it and it's a delayed screen, that never helps cuz the player isn't "clear" of anyone.

It's jsut not a good play for us.

but who knows... maybe we'll run it first play against them and prove we can do it for a score with D.Will... this seems to be the season of "whoa, we don't normally do that!".

#24 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:30 PM

lining up smith/muhammed together and letting them take the coverage down field and then throwing a screen to DWill and letting them block downfield can't possibly be a bad idea can it?

#25 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:30 PM

yeah.

We seem to use those plays at the most inopportune times tho...

like 3rd and 45 and stuff. And sometimes if they call it and it's a delayed screen, that never helps cuz the player isn't "clear" of anyone.

It's jsut not a good play for us.

but who knows... maybe we'll run it first play against them and prove we can do it for a score with D.Will... this seems to be the season of "whoa, we don't normally do that!".

We agree!
:biggrin:

#26 Rickathy113

Rickathy113

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:09 PM

The game between the panthers & giants reminds me of the movie Southern Comfort!!

Don't mess with the cajun's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Panthers!!

#27 Blade

Blade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:25 PM

Every Giant fan I know has been talking up and down about how bad they're going to kick our ass, and how pathetic we are as a franchise, and a joke.

90% of them say they have this in the bag.

Seriously.

#28 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• HUDDLER
  • 8,755 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:30 PM

Jake isn't the best QB at executing the screen play. And when it goes to Hoover most often, who's build doesn't allow him to nimbly catch over his shoulder and turn his body upfield........not pretty. Smoke route to Smitty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.