• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goondal

2015-2016 North Carolina Tar Heels

Well, '15 is over and while it sucked to give that game away I never expected to be ten minutes from the elite eight anyway so I am okay, time to look ahead.

I do not see any reason why anybody would leave early but I know some of y'all are more connected than I so I guess the first question is, do you expect to lose anybody, namely Brice?

If everybody came back I think this could be a very dangerous team, one of those deep experienced teams that we see go deep into March.

What does everybody foresee over the next twelve months?

Depends.

With the current team I see an elite 8 team.

With Jaylen Brown I see an NCAA Title team

With Brandon Ingram I see a Final Four team

With both I see an NCAA Championship team with maybe only 3 losses

Better look again......

So a team that was nearly an elite 8 team this year and loses only Desmond Hubert and Jackson Simmons somehow regresses and becomes a worse team?

That makes sense.

If eligible

Doesn't NCSU have their own problems with the NCAA right now? Cars being given as gifts, fraud, and then that frat book.

Hell both the NCAA and the federal government have a right to investigate you guys.

What comes around...

I'll remember this season as one of a team that folded why it mattered. At UL up 18 in the second half. At Dook up 7 under 2min. ACC Championship, up 10 in the second half. Up 4 in the game tonight with 7min left, and that's just the highlights. there were several others. they just didn't have the killer instinct, just going through the motions game in and game out.

Depends on who we get as recruits.  So far all we have coming is Maye.  I hear he's pretty good, but he's listed as a 3 star so I'm going to guess he doesn't see much time next year.  With what we have coming back I don't think a final four is a long shot.  With Berry and Jackson coming on at the end of this year, Pinson hopefully staying healthy, and Paige and Tokoto returning, I like our backcourt a lot.  Meeks should be in even better shape next year, and Johnson ain't going to the NBA this year (IMO).  I expect to see a lot of the inconsistencies with this year's team ironed out just with another year of experience.  

So my early guess, is final 4/elite 8 at worst, top 2 ACC.

Doesn't NCSU have their own problems with the NCAA right now? Cars being given as gifts, fraud, and then that frat book.

Hell both the NCAA and the federal government have a right to investigate you guys.

What comes around...

T028273A%5B1%5D.jpg

The team will get better by next season as it stands. Meeks should be in better shape, Brice will fill out more, and Hicks will be much better. Jackson and Berry are the future and came on strong at the end. Theo will be much better as injuries derailed his game this year. Paige should be healed up completely and with Berry/Jackson as other 3pt threats it should help him with spacing. Tokoto should come of the bench and that's it. He is holding up better players getting minutes. Maye is a good 3pt shooter as well. He is the type of kid that kills us on other teams. I don't have much hope of getting Brown or Ingram but if we do we have a great chance to win it all.

Depends.

With the current team I see an elite 8 team.

With Jaylen Brown I see an NCAA Title team

With Brandon Ingram I see a Final Four team

With both I see an NCAA Championship team with maybe only 3 losses

Both of those guys play the same positions as Tokoto, Pinson, Hicks, Jackson and Johnson.  You guys kind of have a log jam at the forward position whether it's SF or PF.  What I feel that you guys need is a shooting guard, Paige is good but he's not the prototypical SG because he's only 6'1" and when he has to sit who can come in and pose a threat from deep?

One thing I can say for sure is the leap players take under Roy from freshman to sophomore is big. Jackson could easily be a 20 pgg scorer next year. 

All we need is less Britt, less Tokoto, and less James and it should be a good season. Berry and Jackson will hopefully make big jumps. Meeks and Hicks need to get in the weight room and learn some low post moves. If those two improve their overall games that would be huge as well. We already know what we are going to get from Paige and Brice.

I think they can definitely make the Final Four with the current roster next year. Ingram/Brown could elevate us from a very very good team to an elite team.

Brice is the only guy I can imagine leaving, unless Jackson just desperately wants to go based on his potential. I think in the end, everyone comes back.

Ingram is interesting. He's very aware of the NCAA situation at UNC, and also knows he won't play as much as he'd like with the logjam. But, he's from Kinston so the UNC ties are pulling on him. He would've already committed to Duke if it weren't for the Kinston ties IMO. As the team stands right now, they're a Final Four team IMO with Duke/UK/Wisky/Zona and other tops teams losing so much. Probably the best team in the ACC, with UVA and State behind them.

Unless the NCAA wraps up their investigation, that is. I don't think that gets done in time, Carolina plays out next year as one of the favorites...then the NCAA probably throws a postseason ban their way...if anything at all happens.