• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2jakefansinva

CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!

Jake has to be up for Cy Young, 18 wins and a rediculous second half of the season when it matters most.  Add a no-hitter to the resume too.  I know Grienke has a 1.5 era but Jake has 3 more wins and that no hitter and I would argue more important to his team.  Any other year it would be a no brainer of course.  Rizzo is top 5 in NL on WAR as well.  What a great season, no matter what happens.  I wanted us to be competitive this year and I would have been happy, some youth development, etc, I never expected a great playoff run year.     The best part is, minus Lester, most of our guys are young and have many years to come. 

Madden and Epstein have been masterful.  I didn't understand the Lester thing but these guys knew the talent they had and knew we would be competitive and it was a great move.  

Arrieta with another win, 19, and 1.99 era.   This guy has been nasty and better be up for Cy Young.

I can't wait to see Schwarber play a full season.  Bryant/Rizzo/Schwarber is going to be a nasty combo for opposing pitches for a while to come.  Castro is doing well after the bench as well and Russel is getting there.

Mad respect to the Cubbies for not taking any of the Cardinal's crap.

Pegging Holiday in the head sent the message.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/09/18/matt-holliday-leaves-game-after-getting-hit-in-the-head-with-a-pitch/

Been watching the Cards dominate the Dodgers in the Playoffs by for instance breaking the Dodger's best hitter Hanley Ramirez's ribs instantly changing the Playoff series. 1st inning, 1st game series over.

Don Mattingly is a coward and the Dodgers had and have had no answer as they did last year when Puig was hit. An eye for an eye when your stars are hit, period.

Beat the Pirates, then the Cards and we'll beat the Mets and meet you in the LCS for a trip to the World Series.

Good Luck, Joe Madden is the shiz.

If Arrieta doesn't win Cy Young at this point, it's ridiculous.  He has like a 0.86 ERA since the all-star break and has taken his team to the post season.  

I hate these one-and-done WC games though, but I feel good about our chances with the SHOULD BE Cy-Young winner up there.

The Pirates had the second best record in the league and they're done..... brutal.....

Congrats to the Cubs though, what a team.  Theo Epstein has to be one of the best executives in sports history.  As a baseball fan, Cubs/Cards is going to be an incredible series.  fug the Cardinals always, GCG

The Pirates had the second best record in the league and they're done..... brutal.....

Congrats to the Cubs though, what a team.  Theo Epstein has to be one of the best executives in sports history.  As a baseball fan, Cubs/Cards is going to be an incredible series.  fug the Cardinals always, GCG

I mean they won like one more game than us but the one and done game is brutal and needs to be changed to a best of 3, imo.  Arrieta has been unhittable and my Pirate friends knew this was coming.   Good baseball teams have good teams all around with a good rotation, so one game is just stupid, even though it worked out for my Cubs this time.

To win like that without Bryant or Rizzo even getting a hit is great.  I feel we're just as good as any other team right now.

Also as amazing as Jake as been, solid as Lester has been, and the great play of Schwauber/Bryant/Rizzo, the BEST pickup and the best thing the Cubs did was signing Madden this year.    And yes it all starts with Epstein.  What a great farm system too.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Carolina-Chuck10

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts