• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2jakefansinva

CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!

Cards MVP this first game so far:  behind the plate ump.  Good lawd this strike zone.

I just wanted to be competitive this year with our new guys.  I never expected us to make it to the playoffs, or win the WC or the NLDS but here go, to the NLCS.  Epstein and Madden knew this team could do this, and I questioned the Lester signing because I didn't know we were ready, but they did.  Madden should win manager of the year.  Winning in the playoffs with so many rookies is crazy.   I feel we can beat anyone and this could be our year, but you never know.  Regardless we'll be good for a long time with these young stars.  

Congrats Cubbies, now if only the Dodgers win Game 5 tomorrow we'll have an awesome Cubbie/Dodger matchup for the right to advance to the World Series.

After another disappointing season in the OC I'm pulling for the Cubbies. The fan base and team deserve a championship. 

-1B Anthony Rizzo (25): .278/.387/.512, 5.5 fWAR in 701 PA

-2B Addison Russell (21): .242/.307/.389, 2.9 fWAR in 523 PA

-SS Starlin Castro (25): .265/.296/.375, 0.8 fWAR in 578 PA

-3B Kris Bryant (23): .275/.369/.488, 6.5 fWAR in 650 PA

-RF Jorge Soler (23): .262/.324/.399, 0.1 fWAR in 404 PA

-C/OF Kyle Schwarber (23): .246/.355/.487, 1.9 fWAR in 273 PA

The young talent on this team is amazing and they're a fun team to watch. Being a big time Halos fan I'm obviously a big Trout fan but I honestly think Schwarber might already be the best hitter in baseball. 

I'm hoping Baez has a good NLCS so they'll feel more comfortable trading Starlin to the Halos this offseason! I need a 2B badly! I can't recall a more entertaining postseason that didn't involve my team than this one! I love seeing all the young guys make such a huge impact and it starts with this team! 

Anyway goodluck in the NLCS (hopefully it's against the Mets! Fug the Dodgers) also that Go Cubs Go song playing after the final out against the Cubs is a catchy tune!

Bummer, last team I wanted in the WS is the Mets. 

Hellova season though, as a Dodger fan so envious of your manager Joe Maddon. 

I hope we blow out Mattingly and can find a leader in the same mold as yours.

If the Royals don't make it in I'm done with baseball this year. Bluejays/Mets, the World Series no one watched outside of New York.

We totally fell apart.  Maybe youth and we just got tired.  The pitching was terrible, we had too many strikeouts, and man, the errors.  We need to do nothing but take ground balls all off season like a little league team.   I question some of Madden's choices in this series, but he was so good previously.   I mean game 3, he brings in Cahill, who is trash and throws into the dirt like 80% of the time.  Runner gets to third, and we keep Cahill in there, what's he do?  More dirt balls and one gets by.  That started the derailment.  

We should be more prepared next year.  We need better pitching past Arrieta and Lester.   Wonder if the front office would splurge on someone like David Price?   We need to work on the strikeouts and we need a leadoff hitter that bats for more average.  When you have Fowler who swings for the fences on every pitch, it doesn't jump start enough when it counts.  Although, we scored runs this season easily, so I don't know, we just went into slump.

Its like someone told the Cubs that Back to the future was just a movie and not real and that Marty McFly wasnt going to show up as this years cubs are winning the series. 

Then they just gave up since it wasnt the truth

48 minutes ago, 2jakefansinva said:

The Cubs say HELLO !!!

been a great winter meetings.....

Man, good offseason.  I was a little sad to see Castro go, he's been the only bright spot for a while, and he started tearing it up at the end of last year and handled the move to second like a pro.  Zobrist will bring vet experience though.  But the signing of Heyward is huge.  We need some more "average" hitters and his speed and defense will be nice.  We should re-sign Fowler to stay in center, Heyward right, and trade Soler for some pitching.   Lackey good pick up too.