Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2jakefansinva

CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!

If Arrieta doesn't win Cy Young at this point, it's ridiculous.  He has like a 0.86 ERA since the all-star break and has taken his team to the post season.  

I hate these one-and-done WC games though, but I feel good about our chances with the SHOULD BE Cy-Young winner up there.

The Pirates had the second best record in the league and they're done..... brutal.....

Congrats to the Cubs though, what a team.  Theo Epstein has to be one of the best executives in sports history.  As a baseball fan, Cubs/Cards is going to be an incredible series.  fug the Cardinals always, GCG

The Pirates had the second best record in the league and they're done..... brutal.....

Congrats to the Cubs though, what a team.  Theo Epstein has to be one of the best executives in sports history.  As a baseball fan, Cubs/Cards is going to be an incredible series.  fug the Cardinals always, GCG

I mean they won like one more game than us but the one and done game is brutal and needs to be changed to a best of 3, imo.  Arrieta has been unhittable and my Pirate friends knew this was coming.   Good baseball teams have good teams all around with a good rotation, so one game is just stupid, even though it worked out for my Cubs this time.

To win like that without Bryant or Rizzo even getting a hit is great.  I feel we're just as good as any other team right now.

Also as amazing as Jake as been, solid as Lester has been, and the great play of Schwauber/Bryant/Rizzo, the BEST pickup and the best thing the Cubs did was signing Madden this year.    And yes it all starts with Epstein.  What a great farm system too.

Cards MVP this first game so far:  behind the plate ump.  Good lawd this strike zone.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    byrdmansr