Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tarheelpride

Too Dependent Upon Smith?

59 posts in this topic

I think our TOTAL offense is not dependent on Smitty at all anymore. With our running game Smitty makes our offense especially dangerous but I think our pass game would function fine without him if our run game is hitting like it has been recently.

The Denver game was perfect for Carolina.... It showed that Foxy and company was not scared to come out throwing if they drop 8 guys in the box. And Jake and company have the ability to absolutely torch people. Imagine if you are Coughlin looking at this game film and see the difference in the past 2 weeks. If anything our offense is now unpredictable.

Our defense was similar in the Denver game. Aside of the 1st drive... we got little pressure on the qb but our coverage was mixed enough and solid enough that we gave Cutler problems. This was something that was missing in previous games. This combination of mixing up coverages on defense combined with NYG recent ineptness at pass protection makes our matchup vs NYG especially enticing.

Speaking of Steve Smith, I was just reading his wikipedia article and found something funny. Check out the last line. I wonder how long that's been up / how long it will stay there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Smith_(Carolina_Panthers)

it mite help if you closed the parenthesis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Smith_(Carolina_Panthers)

In May 2008, Smith announced that he is working at Morgan Stanley's Charlotte, NC office as a financial planning intern. Speed defined as incendiary[citation needed]

says it all

Delhomme needs to go through his progressions more. 90$ of the time he is just locked on Smith.

if Delhomme could start hitting some more checkdowns everything would open up even more.

Delhomme needs to go through his progressions more. 90$ of the time he is just locked on Smith.

if Delhomme could start hitting some more checkdowns everything would open up even more.

90% locked in on Smith? That's just hyperbole.

Jake not throwing to Smitty is like asking Voltron not to use the blazing sword... Yeah he could probably kill the monsters with other stuff...but the blazing sword works so good why bother?

Delhomme knows when not to go to Smith, I dont think he forces the ball to him so therefor I believe that doesnt show a dependency. Yea other players can contribute more, but we dont pass much to begin with, so when we do, get it to our boy!

Hard not to be dependent on a 4 time probowler who can go up and out play a defender for the ball like he did with Charles Woodson. Wish we had another receiver just like him so Jake could become co-dependent.:biggrin5:

90% locked in on Smith? That's just hyperbole.

are you serious?

We could depend on smith more if our frickin running backs would quit getting so damn many touchdowns.