Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCP

Sports Illustrated says Panthers and Broncos have had worst offseason in NFL

was the article by Peter Stupid effing King? I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Dude has reserved front row seats for our Hater's Ball.

was the article by Peter Stupid effing King? I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Dude has reserved front row seats for our Hater's Ball.

Some dude named Ben Baskin

After FA and the draft, one publication used their "formula" to rank offseason success and failure. I'm not linking the article but SI says we had the worst offseason while the Falcons and Jets have had the best. It's a topic of discussion on local sports radio this morning. I'm not so sure if I agree. Special Teams was a serious issue last season that lost us games. We have made significant upgrades that should have a positive effect on special teams play. Our WR core has improved. Left tackle is essentially a lateral move. We played an entire season without Greg Hardy already so from 2014 to 2015 DE is a push unless we see a jump from the young group opposite CJ. RB group should be improved with a healthy JStew and Tolbert and a younger compliment in draft pick Cam Artis-Payne. With what we have done, I'd rank our offseason at around middle of the pack in that 18-20 range. I wish LT was taken more seriously and I wish we could have seen Cam's contract signed, but the later is out of Nippleshorts' hands to a certain degree. But in the end our team improved. If a team improved, how can the offseason be worse than a team like the 49ers.

And this is how it's done folks...

After we win the division again the story will be that 'the Panthers persevered despite making a mess of the 2015 draft', and they'll ignore the contributions from any and all new players. If that won't fly, due to undeniable contributions from the draft picks and FA's, they'll just pretend they never gave us a bad offseason grade.

and redraft all our rookies in the top 2 rounds but never give us credit.

Funny that SI, a company that's reached a serious state of decline after its golden years of the 1970s and '80s, conveniently forgets to include the 49ers, a team that's reached a serious state of decline after its golden years of the 1970s and '80s.

Anyone that doesn't list 49ers as the worst should be ignored anyway. That team had maybe the worst offseason I can even remember in my lifetime.

The 49ers have had an offseason straight out of the Ninth Circle of Hell.

How could anybody be worse than that?

Anyone that doesn't list 49ers as the worst should be ignored anyway. That team had maybe the worst offseason I can even remember in my lifetime.

I agree

As a matter of fact if the panthers didn't make any effort to improve (which didn't happen because we brought in 5 draft picks and signed a bunch of decent contributors) it would still be a good offseason just going by diffusion of coaching staffs alone

Who knows how this offseason went? It doesn't matter because everyone is still 0-0. I think the idea of winning or losing the off season is just stupid.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Yukon