Photo
- - - - -

SC @ NCSU Game Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#31 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,253 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:47 PM

I don't think they've ever argued that NC State and other schools DON'T have those kinds of fans as well though. Panthro picks on us because we have more of those type of fans than any other school in the state, I don't think that there's any arguing that point.

#32 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:42 AM

I don't think they've ever argued that NC State and other schools DON'T have those kinds of fans as well though. Panthro picks on us because we have more of those type of fans than any other school in the state, I don't think that there's any arguing that point.

You're about as much fun as cleaning up after a flood.:rolleyes:

Of course we have more fans that are not alumni or students. That's what happens when a school's athletic programs win on national TV. I had friends in the Army who were from the west coast and were Tar Heel fans because of the basketball team...that's a good thing. It brings in more money to the University and helps with recruiting.

#33 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:14 AM

Obviously, you missed the point. Of course fans overreact, but him and Panthro go on and on and on about how NC State is a better football school than UNC and how you can't be a real fan unless you went to the school. I'm just pointing out that, in reality, they have plenty of students who don't know or care about football just like UNC does.

They must be ignoring the fact that UNC has a 30+ game lead on them in football. So basically NCSU could win against us 30 years in a row and still be trailing in the all time series. Better football school? Hardly. Neither has a NT. UNC has more conference championships all time and more bowl wins all time. UNC has about 100 more wins all time as well. I'm going by memory here so correct me if i'm wrong.

#34 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:38 PM

Obviously, you missed the point. Of course fans overreact, but him and Panthro go on and on and on about how NC State is a better football school than UNC and how you can't be a real fan unless you went to the school. I'm just pointing out that, in reality, they have plenty of students who don't know or care about football just like UNC does.

The past few years we have been every bit as competitive as you guys (which isn't saying much). Play an SEC school instead of lining up UCONN and ECU to beat up on every year. I can't wait till you guys play your first SEC team and get hammered.

IMO we played well the other night. I said it after the game and I'll say it again, SC was the 2nd fastest if not the fastest D we will play all year. Our offense couldn't do much and one play essentially lost the game for us. Go play UCONN and ECU for your OOC games...

#35 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:42 PM

Not to mention the aspect of this that nobody is talking about. This is the team that beat us 34-0 last year and we still ended up being one of the best teams in the ACC by the end of the year. We are notoriously slow starters so I am still optimistic if we can get by Pitt in a few weeks.

#36 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:38 PM

The past few years we have been every bit as competitive as you guys (which isn't saying much). Play an SEC school instead of lining up UCONN and ECU to beat up on every year. I can't wait till you guys play your first SEC team and get hammered.

IMO we played well the other night. I said it after the game and I'll say it again, SC was the 2nd fastest if not the fastest D we will play all year. Our offense couldn't do much and one play essentially lost the game for us. Go play UCONN and ECU for your OOC games...

Really? Who are your next two opponents?

I can understand still being optimistic about your season, because it is only one game, but do you really believe State played well in that game?

Edit...I looked it up, and NC State plays Murray State and Gardner Webb in the next two weeks, so that strength of schedule argument is pretty damn lame.

Edited by monstercat, 05 September 2009 - 09:44 PM.

#37 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:58 PM

hahahhahahahahhahaha.......I am sorry but UNC played one of the hardest schedules in the nation like the past 3 out of the past 5 seasons.....They welcome all challengers, to take a cheap shot when UNC finally schedules an easy season is more of a sucker punch when State has scheduled easier seasons the past 3 years

that is awesome you keep doing what you are doing, granted you are slow starters and might beat Carolina again this season, well that is if your defense holds up, because your offense is garbage...we will see at the end of the year...you beter be hongry

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com