Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maybe we had it all wrong two years ago...

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Keyshawn was serviceable but not like having Moose back.

Agreed. Personally, I think Moose is a better receiver overall, but without all the mouth.

Posted

I ain't gonna say I told you so, but...

I was one of the people on here saying our loss against the Seahawks had more to do with losing Foster the week before and then Goings early in the game than a lack of a "second" receiver. Certainly it would have been nice to have a guy to draw coverage off of Smith, but with Foster and Goings out, we had ZERO threat in the running game and it was pretty easy to roll coverage to Smith. Say what you will about Foster, he commanded attention.

Having said that, don't forget we drafted DeAngelo the following spring. What's been the difference this year? An offensive line that is built for the kind of power running game we had been trying to run.

Oh, and a great 2nd back helps a bit too.

Your forgot Stephen Davis was out too

Posted

I think the Bears wouldv'e beat the Seahawks, but that's just my opinion.

Posted

I think the Bears wouldv'e beat the Seahawks, but that's just my opinion.

Hadn't really thought about that.

Would have been an interesting game.

Posted

Your forgot Stephen Davis was out too

I considered Davis, but he was placed on IR earlier in the season, so his absence was not as directly responsible for a lack of rushing presence in the NFCCG.

Update: OK, so I went back and looked it up. Looks like he was placed on IR in mid-December, but I remember him being out or used sparingly for weeks before then.