Photo
- - - - -

Huddle thoughts? Tuck rule -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#11 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:47 PM

That play was bullsh*t. The thing that pissed me off wasn't that it was the tuck rule, because the way the rule is written, it was correct. The PROBLEM was that tuck or not, it was an attempted pass, and the ball went backwards, meaning that it should have been a backwards lateral, meaning that it was a live ball. As such, we should have kept the ball anyway.

yea thats what i was going to say. the ball traveled like a yard and a half backwards upon its release. wtf.

#12 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:54 PM

If anything at all, that play was great evidence of how much bullshit the tuck rule is. It needs to be abolished, as does this "whistle was blown so play can't be reviewed" crap.

Denver benefited from both gay rules this season.

BUT, to play devils advocate for a second - imagine that the tuck rule was gone. Now, if a QB is hit in the process of throwing a pass (arm coming forward, still in QB's hand), how do the refs clearly differentiate between an incomplete forward pass and a fumble? The line of scrimmage? Did the ball go backwards? If the defense knock's it loose versus the ball slipping out of the QB's hand? I don't know.

Just for fun, can someone propose the rule that would replace the tuck rule?

#13 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:55 PM

if the same thing happened to us, we'd be praising Heaven Almighty the rule is in place