Photo
- - - - -

Attn Fans of XXX team first,then Panthers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#31 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:53 PM

Grew up a Dolphins fan. Lived in South Florida for a time when I was in elementary school and my first pro game was MNF Dolphins-Patriots in 1979. I have lived in SC since 80 and claimed the Panthers as my team from the day the team was announced. Now I am a Panthers fan and I merely follow the Dolphins from a distance. The way I see it, the 'Fins are AFC and I'm no longer what I would call a "fan". That ain't "turncoat", that's just reality and it makes sense to me.

i dont understand how anyone can stop rooting for a team after over a decade.....

its kinda "homerish" to root for a team you live bye....i dont care if i moved to hawaii and 30 yrs later they introduced the hawaiin surfers as a team....im still a dolfan....regardless of geography...

you just werent fans to begin with imho

#32 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

So what exactly did you do before 1995?

I wondered aimlessly from team to team. I liked Tarkenten for a spell. I thought (and still think) Montana was one hell of a player. I even pulled for the Chargers at one time. Now that the NFL has provided us with a team, I have committed myself.

#33 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:00 PM

Frankly I'm surprised to find the number of Panthers only fans I see on this site.

Personally I simply can't imagine rooting for any other team than the Bears, but I do root for the Redskins because So again, I'm surprised that I don't see more fans like Dimbee, that remained loyal to the team they first had allegiance to, and I think your scorn is misplaced.

This is exactly what you hear people complain about onm this board. The Panthers are a relatively young team. That is why you see so many differently colored jerseys at a game and hear the loud cheers of the oponet teams at BOA. It will be that way for a long time. Die on out MFers. Just don't tell me you are a Panther fan "unless'. Just MHO!

#34 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

i dont understand how anyone can stop rooting for a team after over a decade.....

its kinda "homerish" to root for a team you live bye....i dont care if i moved to hawaii and 30 yrs later they introduced the hawaiin surfers as a team....im still a dolfan....regardless of geography...

you just werent fans to begin with imho

So anyone who followed pro football in Panthers Country for more than 10 years before 1995 ought to ignore the Panthers? I guess there shouldn't be many folks in the stadium over 25 years old. Like I said, I still follow the Dolphins but I am a diehard Panthers fan. No big deal how I got to where I am today. I can accept it.

#35 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:15 PM

So anyone who followed pro football in Panthers Country for more than 10 years before 1995 ought to ignore the Panthers? I guess there shouldn't be many folks in the stadium over 25 years old. Like I said, I still follow the Dolphins but I am a diehard Panthers fan. No big deal how I got to where I am today. I can accept it.

all im saying is if you are a die hard fan of a team....regardless of where you live, and what team appears there....you still root for your team....if not, then you are fairweather, bandwagon, homer....whatever you wanna call it...

guys like a few posts above who never really had a team untill the panthers got here....thats fine....but i couldnt imagine trading teams...cause one popped up where i live....

so if charlotte gets ANOTHER team (hypothetically) who do you root for then?!?!

it just boggles my mind i guess....

#36 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:24 PM

all im saying is if you are a die hard fan of a team....regardless of where you live, and what team appears there....you still root for your team....if not, then you are fairweather, bandwagon, homer....whatever you wanna call it...

guys like a few posts above who never really had a team untill the panthers got here....thats fine....but i couldnt imagine trading teams...cause one popped up where i live....

so if charlotte gets ANOTHER team (hypothetically) who do you root for then?!?!

it just boggles my mind i guess....

You know this is just my feelings. I speak only for myself. If you are a diehard fan of a team, then be that. It just burns my to have someone act like a Panther fan and show up wearing a *od dam steelers jersey for a Panthers steelers game. Insert any team name. If you are a XXX fan, be a XXX fan! You can't quit being a skins fan, be a skins fan! Just my feelings.

#37 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:27 PM

You know this is just my feelings. I speak only for myself. If you are a diehard fan of a team, then be that. It just burns my to have someone act like a Panther fan and show up wearing a *od dam steelers jersey for a Panthers steelers game. Insert any team name. If you are a XXX fan, be a XXX fan! You can't quit being a skins fan, be a skins fan! Just my feelings.

and in my opinion, if they do quit being a fan of that team....they never really were in the first place :smilewinkgrin:

#38 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

The way I look at it, I'm either on the bus or off the bus. I started with the Dolphins when I was 10 years old. I was in my early twenties when Carolina was awarded the franchise. I went to the first game and I decided it was the right move. I got on the bus. Miami was changing right before my eyes and it was an easy call to make. They forced Shula out for Jimmy Johnson. That sealed the deal. I guess I never really forgave them for that and honestly they haven't been worth a damn since. I still follow them and they are the only team in the AFC that I pay any attention to. I never followed them like I follow the Panthers now. That sums it up.

#39 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:38 PM

and in my opinion, if they do quit being a fan of that team....they never really were in the first place :smilewinkgrin:

I can let it go on that note. Hell, it was only a football game I saw when I was 10.

#40 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

srry you only cheer for 1 team more then one your just band wagoner

fairweather fan go wtih who ever is hot loser.

So I'm not allowed to be a die-hard fan of the team that has been in my heart and soul for 20+ years and root for the team that represents my hometown?

I think you should get a life and then go back to school to learn how to construct a well-worded sentence.

And, again, NO I'm not going to give you the gay-man loving that you desire.

#41 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:47 PM

I went to the first game and I decided it was the right move. I got on the bus. Miami was changing right before my eyes and it was an easy call to make.

= bandwagoner.

#42 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

The way I look at it, I'm either on the bus or off the bus. I started with the Dolphins when I was 10 years old. I was in my early twenties when Carolina was awarded the franchise. I went to the first game and I decided it was the right move. I got on the bus. Miami was changing right before my eyes and it was an easy call to make. They forced Shula out for Jimmy Johnson. That sealed the deal. I guess I never really forgave them for that and honestly they haven't been worth a damn since. I still follow them and they are the only team in the AFC that I pay any attention to. I never followed them like I follow the Panthers now. That sums it up.

well said brotha.....i understand your situation a little better now, so i see where your coming from better....do your thing man :cheers2:

#43 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:57 PM

= bandwagoner.

yeah miami has changed coaches 6 more times sense then....and quaterbacks like 46 times....and went 1-15....but ill never stop lovin my phins...regardless....cause i know one day they will be good again, and that means more....anyone can easily pick a good team to root for...

(alot of yankee fans for example)

but to each his own i guess....

#44 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:59 PM

yeah miami has changed coaches 6 more times sense then....and quaterbacks like 46 times....and went 1-15....but ill never stop lovin my phins...regardless....cause i know one day they will be good again, and that means more....anyone can easily pick a good team to root for...

(alot of yankee fans for example)

but to each his own i guess....

I have no problem with you rooting for more than 1 team.

With the 'phins success this year, have you felt yourself pulled one way or the other?

#45 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:02 PM

I have no problem with you rooting for more than 1 team.

With the 'phins success this year, have you felt yourself pulled one way or the other?

huh? your reading me wrong....im ONLY a fan of the dolphins...i come to this board cause i live here and the phins and panthers play next year...

im not pulled away or for any team....im all miami baby....hell, i went to the jets dolphins game last year...IN NEW YORK...with a zach thomas jersey on....thats balls dude....i got showered with beer all game...sucked ass...but was sick fun!

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com