56 replies to this topic

#46 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:05 PM

I wore my Bears jersey to the Panthers-Bears game this season and had a fantastic time throughout... until I got outside of the stadium and some drunk Panthers fan didn't find it acceptable for me to say "Good game!" and acknowledge that the Panthers played the best in the end. I guess when you've been a fan of a team for all of 13 years(maybe) you get full of vigor. That was his problem, not mine.

Sorry for misunderstanding your position. :D

#47 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:14 PM

I'm a 50% Dolphins fan and 50% Panthers fan. Love them both totally equal. It's not to make anybody else happy just me. When they play each other next year I will be wearing a Panthers Jersey and a Dolphins hat. I simply adopted a home team as I grew up in Charlotte. To each his own on how you want to be a fan.

Word up, brotha. I don't understand people that have such contempt for folks that root for more than 1 team. I can't help but wonder why this is... certainly there's some underlying reason for it. I guess I'm just not smart enough to understand why 1 person would demand that another lives by the rules that they live by.

#48 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:51 PM

= bandwagoner.

I helped build the wagon.:cool:

#49 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:30 PM

I helped build the wagon.:cool:

Circa 1995

#50 Train

Train

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:35 PM

All from Carolina that say, "I am a so and so fan but I am a Panther fan second. I pull for the steelers, cowboys, redskins (whatever) first, then the Panthers." or "I pull for the Panthers unless they are playing ** insert whatever team name here**". Screw you! Kiss my fanny! You aint Panther fans, you will never be Panther fans.

Yep.

#51 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:52 PM

and in my opinion, if they do quit being a fan of that team....they never really were in the first place :smilewinkgrin:

Sure! :o

#52 dinz

dinz

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:40 PM

speed spewed the f bomb... shouldnt he be banned?

#53 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:42 PM

speed spewed the f bomb... shouldnt he be banned?

Fuck no!!!

#54 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:58 AM

Fuck no!!!

lmao!!! i love it....

#55 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,461 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:11 PM

Anyone who is older than 30 was likely a fan of another team before the Panthers. For me it was the Eagles. I am a diehard fan of the Panthers and will root for them against the Eagles, sorry JR. But it doesn't mean that I don't like the Eagles and won't root for them any other week of the season. I am also a diehard Phillies fan although my loyalties for the Flyers have shifted to the Hurricanes.

I support NC teams and local teams but you don't root for a team for decades and simply give up on them. Other folks may still be rooting for their original team and the Panthers second. Frankly I have no problem with that. It takes fans of all types and they have every bit the same right to root or not root for whoever they like. I really dislike this elitism about who is or who is not a true fan. JR and Dimbee have been to more Panther tailgates and likely more Panther games than alot of "true fans" although they each like someone else better than the Panthers.

At this time of year you would think that there is some room for tolerance of others who may not believe exactly what we do.

#56 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:54 PM

Anyone who is older than 30 was likely a fan of another team before the Panthers. For me it was the Eagles. I am a diehard fan of the Panthers and will root for them against the Eagles, sorry JR. But it doesn't mean that I don't like the Eagles and won't root for them any other week of the season. I am also a diehard Phillies fan although my loyalties for the Flyers have shifted to the Hurricanes.

I support NC teams and local teams but you don't root for a team for decades and simply give up on them. Other folks may still be rooting for their original team and the Panthers second. Frankly I have no problem with that. It takes fans of all types and they have every bit the same right to root or not root for whoever they like. I really dislike this elitism about who is or who is not a true fan. JR and Dimbee have been to more Panther tailgates and likely more Panther games than alot of "true fans" although they each like someone else better than the Panthers.

At this time of year you would think that there is some room for tolerance of others who may not believe exactly what we do.

I'm so happy you're better now! :party:

#57 Malt Liquor

Malt Liquor

Smoothest cat n da city

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

My mother in law is a cowboys fan, I saw this morning and she had on a Carolina Panthers t-shirt. She said (talking about the Panthers) Y'all still ain't going to win in the playoffs. I LMAO

GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.