Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What about DeAngelo? RB could be NFL's MVP

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Kinda crazy that if dwill has one more td run of over 30 yards he would have an nfl rushing record, if he keeps the pace up and has two more excellent games he should by all means be considered for mvp or offensive player of the year. Should have been in the pro bowl but oh well, hopefully he wins one of the two awards and we go on to win the super bowl.

Posted

This is exactly why the pro bowl is a fuging joke and everybody knows it. I'm with D-Will on this when he said, and I quote, "fug the pro bowl, those fools don't want none of this."

Posted

I actually dont think that Offensive Player of the Year is out of the question.....MVP might be pushing it a little though. Peyton will probably get that going away....

Posted

Usually if you don't even make the Pro Bowl, you won't be winning the NFL MVP award.

Posted

If we win on Sunday, what are the chances Williams will play much against the Saints? I don't think very much, Maybe not even the whole first half.

Posted

If we win on Sunday, what are the chances Williams will play much against the Saints? I don't think very much, Maybe not even the whole first half.

what are the chances of any of the starters playing a full game against the saints?

Posted

DWill won't get MVP. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but because the NFL would make themselves look retarded if DWill won MVP but yet not Pro Bowl, and they won't do that. It's very hard for a RB to win MVP (unless you have a season like Alexander/LT etc). MVP is going to go to Warner or something like that most likely.

Posted

Unlike the pro-bowl voting which relys heavily on earyly success, MVP usually looks for players that finish strong. IMO the front runners right now would be DeAngelo Williams, DeMarcus Ware, Brian Westbrooke, James Harrison and Ed Reed. Of course thats JMO.

Posted

The last time a D player won the MVP was in 1986 by some guy named Lawrence Taylor.:D I think that's more of a push than DWill getting it.

I think Reed will wind up with DMVP

The problem I have is if you look at the numbers that the other "candidates" have put up, they are way short of the last few QB MVP's. Neither Brees or Warner are even finishing strong. But, I will say it again, if either one beats Marino's passing record, they will get it.

Posted

This is exactly why the pro bowl is a f*cking joke and everybody knows it. I'm with D-Will on this when he said, and I quote, "f*ck the pro bowl, those fools don't want none of this."

D Will would never in a million years say anything like that.

Posted

D Will would never in a million years say anything like that.

exactly

Posted

I'll take the Lombardi over MVP any day, and so would DeAngelo.