23-0 at the half. O is getting in gear.

#3 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:09 PM

At the time the thread was made, I would agree. But they turned it around.

#4 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:42 PM

They still have a lot to work on. Like catching the damn ball, and not throwing a damned INT from your own endzone when you don't even need to throw the ball in the first place. They have some things to clean up on ST's too.

BTW, I know the Citadel was tired, but Paige-Moss looked really fast when he got in there, and so did Michael McAdoo. We're gonna be loaded at DE for the next couple of years.

#5 Rello

Rello

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

I didn't get to watch the gm. How did the Heels d look? I know our O will struggle but our D should be really good this yr.

#6 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,960 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:06 PM

Glad you made this thread 15 minutes into the game you tool.

Anyways, I just got back from the game.

Some thoughts.

1. Running game looks really really good. No complaints there. We have several good backs that I think will be effective this year.
2. Anyone feel like catching a damn ball? Yates, with the exception of the one pass, looked good, but Jesus there had to be 5 dropped passes and Yates only threw 20. If his receivers catch the fuging ball, Yates goes 14/20 with two TDs (possibly 2 more that were dropped) and an interception. That aint bad at all.
3. Speaking of that one pass, Yates owes Deunta Williams dinner after he saved possibly a touchdown-scoring drive after Yates' one retarded pass in the first half. Have to assume that was a miss-communication, because as bad as it probably looked on TV, it looked worse from the stadium.
4. Womble looked really good, but there were several plays were he danced too much when he should have just hit the hole.
5. Gonna be interesting to see how they use AJ Blue this season. Saw him at RB and QB today.
6. Defense is supurb. If it weren't for shoddy special teams play this would have been a shut out.
7. Speaking of which, outside of Da'Norris Searcy's 77YD punt return for a TD, special teams looked HORRIBLE. Missed extra point and two muffed punts.
8. Hanson looked bad. He threw a terrible interception and his only other pass almost got picked off as well.
9. Boyd might could play RB if he wanted to.
10. How loud were we? ;D

Edited by SmootsDaddy89, 05 September 2009 - 09:09 PM.

#7 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:34 AM

special teams they need to work on

Running looked good, but come on they should have looed good

I wish they would have let Womble carry more

The defense should have had more turnovers agains this team they had the opportunities

There needs to be some work done, but I cannot complain about a 30+ route, but they need to work more on some of the basics, they should have won this game by about 50 points, I think they played too conservative because they didn't want to show all cards during this game

#8 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:40 AM

Glad you made this thread 15 minutes into the game you tool.

Anyways, I just got back from the game.

Some thoughts.

1. Running game looks really really good. No complaints there. We have several good backs that I think will be effective this year.
2. Anyone feel like catching a damn ball? Yates, with the exception of the one pass, looked good, but Jesus there had to be 5 dropped passes and Yates only threw 20. If his receivers catch the fuging ball, Yates goes 14/20 with two TDs (possibly 2 more that were dropped) and an interception. That aint bad at all.
3. Speaking of that one pass, Yates owes Deunta Williams dinner after he saved possibly a touchdown-scoring drive after Yates' one retarded pass in the first half. Have to assume that was a miss-communication, because as bad as it probably looked on TV, it looked worse from the stadium.
4. Womble looked really good, but there were several plays were he danced too much when he should have just hit the hole.
5. Gonna be interesting to see how they use AJ Blue this season. Saw him at RB and QB today.
6. Defense is supurb. If it weren't for shoddy special teams play this would have been a shut out.
7. Speaking of which, outside of Da'Norris Searcy's 77YD punt return for a TD, special teams looked HORRIBLE. Missed extra point and two muffed punts.
8. Hanson looked bad. He threw a terrible interception and his only other pass almost got picked off as well.
9. Boyd might could play RB if he wanted to.
10. How loud were we? ;D

no problem, douche!

Hey, retard...I made an observation based on the 1st quarter, much the same as your 10-point diatribe...Thanks for reminding me why I really do not like posting here anymore.

Edited by Htar, 06 September 2009 - 07:46 AM.

#9 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:32 AM

Definitely needs some work on the offensive side of the ball. Running game looked good yeah but we have to be able to pass the ball at some point. Receivers dropped a few passes. Growing pains. Which was to be expected.

#10 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:44 PM

The best thing about that game, was that BD was able to get 70 players on the field by the time it was over. I thought those freshmen O-linemen looked pretty good even if they were going against a tired defense.

BTW, Jonathon Cooper is gonna be a stud at guard or probably center in the future. I watched him exclusively on a few plays, and that guy is very very quick for a 300lber. He still has some work to do in pass pro, but he is already an excellent run blocker, especially when he's pulling. I'm not worried about the starters on the O-line. They should be better than last years group if they can just stay relatively healthy.

#11 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,960 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:50 PM

no problem, douche!

Hey, retard...I made an observation based on the 1st quarter, much the same as your 10-point diatribe...Thanks for reminding me why I really do not like posting here anymore.

Because people call you out when you jump to stupid conclusions based on one quarter of play? No problem, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:41 PM

Anyone notice Remi Biakabutuka (Tim's Brother) plays for The Citadel

#13 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,960 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:23 PM

Yes, and he didn't break his leg or sustain an injury that would place him on IR for the rest of the season which was surprising.

#14 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:18 AM

I went to the game too and I am not worried about the defense at all. The opponent was not formidable at all but our team flies to the ball. There were some jitters out there that left Yates' stats looking a little poorer than they should with the dropped balls but that should clear up.

I am excited to see Blue evolve. I think over the first three or four games we will see more and more of him and by season's end ( I hope) he may be the deadliest weapon ton the field.

Draughn and Houst on looked very good. Womble is going to be very good.

lots of kids popped their cherry during the game and should start settling down.

Quinn may ( I said MAY) end up being the second coming of one Julius Peppers..WOW

Tow players for Citadel were knocked out during kickoffs.

I can't wait till next week.

#15 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:05 PM

I went to the game too and I am not worried about the defense at all. The opponent was not formidable at all but our team flies to the ball. There were some jitters out there that left Yates' stats looking a little poorer than they should with the dropped balls but that should clear up.

I am excited to see Blue evolve. I think over the first three or four games we will see more and more of him and by season's end ( I hope) he may be the deadliest weapon ton the field.
Draughn and Houst on looked very good. Womble is going to be very good.

lots of kids popped their cherry during the game and should start settling down.

Quinn may ( I said MAY) end up being the second coming of one Julius Peppers..WOW

Tow players for Citadel were knocked out during kickoffs.

I can't wait till next week.

Butch Davis himself, said that what we saw of Blue was "just the tip of the iceberg". He looked a little bit awkward on a couple of plays, one of which he got bumped into by Pelc before the play could get going, but it's obvious that he's a great athlete. I can't wait to see him throw a pass, because he's supposed to have the strongest arm on the team.

BTW, I thought McAdoo looked just as quick off the ball as Quinn did, which is saying something. Moss looked pretty fast too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.