• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:23 PM

The bottom line, is that it's way too early to judge the ACC. Heck, it's not that bad anyway, since we still have some pretty highly ranked teams at the top of the conference. Everybody has been saying that it would be more beneficial to have better teams at the top instead of having a bunch of mediocre teams all battling it out til the end of the season anyway. While we don't have a dominant team like Florida or USC, it certainly looks like we have some potential top 10 contenders in the mix. That's a start.

#32 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

there is just no constancy with the ACC, while some people say we have potential top 10 teams in the ACC they go out and loose to an alright team like Clemson, who is very young. How in the hell do you blow a 24-0 lead and barely win at home

#33 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:21 AM

Coastal > Atlantic

Too early for the ACC to be judged yet this season.

The media like to paint us its whipping boy but who gives a poo what the media says anyway?

#34 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:08 PM

there is just no constancy with the ACC, while some people say we have potential top 10 teams in the ACC they go out and loose to an alright team like Clemson, who is very young. How in the hell do you blow a 24-0 lead and barely win at home

To me, that game actually said more about Clemson than it did about GT. Like maybe Clemson is a little better than their ranking suggests. I was impressed with the way they kept fighting after going down by 21 points. Some teams would have folded at that point.

#35 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:29 PM

We are Marshall! Time to take down the Hokies. :lol:

#36 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:44 PM

Props to Wake to come back and tieing the game up.

#37 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:15 PM

The bottom line, is that it's way too early to judge the ACC. Heck, it's not that bad

It is time to Judge!! WOW look at the teams the ACC has played this year so far....UNC better take it all this year!!!

#38 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,410 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:02 AM

It is time to Judge!! WOW look at the teams the ACC has played this year so far....UNC better take it all this year!!!

If they do, then that proves that the ACC is truly bad.

#39 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,410 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:03 AM

To me, that game actually said more about Clemson than it did about GT. Like maybe Clemson is a little better than their ranking suggests. I was impressed with the way they kept fighting after going down by 21 points. Some teams would have folded at that point.

TO me, it says typical football game. Results are generally unpredictable.

#40 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:36 AM

If they do, then that proves that the ACC is truly bad.

So you won't give UNC any credit if they do win the ACC?

And before some State fan accuses me of it, I'm not saying that UNC will win the ACC, but I don't think this conference is that bad either. It's a slow start for sure, but that doesn't mean that most of the teams in this conference are really bad or that a handful of ACC teams won't finish strong.

Heck, LSU had a hard time putting Vandy away yesterday, but that does not mean that LSU sucks.

#41 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:32 AM

And before some State fan accuses me of it, I'm not saying that UNC will win the ACC, but I don't think this conference is that bad either. It's a slow start for sure, but that doesn't mean that most of the teams in this conference are really bad or that a handful of ACC teams won't finish strong.

Heck, LSU had a hard time putting Vandy away yesterday, but that does not mean that LSU sucks.

umm ACC has lost to two AA school, had trouble with two more AA schools, and Carolina looked pathetic against a very average Big East team and were lucky to get the victory

#42 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,410 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

I wont give UNC credit if they defeat Al Qaeda and cure cancer. :)

#43 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:00 PM

umm ACC has lost to two AA school, had trouble with two more AA schools, and Carolina looked pathetic against a very average Big East team and were lucky to get the victory

Yeah, but the whole ACC didn't lose games to AA schools...it's only a couple of teams in the conference that are really stinking it up. And I still say that Uconn is better than some people think they are, and they wanted to beat Carolina so bad they couldn't stand it, after what happened last year. Never underestimate a highly motivated and well coached team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.