Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sultan33g

Star Wars The Old Republic

569 posts in this topic

I have a feeling this server(and maybe all pvp servers) is going to be very empire heavy. I queued for pvp about 5-6 times last night and every single time it was huttball against another empire team. And there's no doubt inquisitors are going to be the most played class. I felt like a pinball being constantly tossed around by that knockback ability.

Hutt ball is always against your same faction from what I can tell, the other 2 warzones are against the light side. And I thin bounty hunter is gonna be the most played. They are a bit overpowered right now

Huttball is just the only one where you can play against your own side. In beta playing republic I maybe played against another republic team once out of a dozen or so games.

So now that some people have had a chance to play it....how is it? I'm seriously considering picking this up. I don't want to waste 50-60 bucks tho. Not to mention I'm already playing Rift and I love it (though I am getting a bit bored, since I've done just about everything)....i don't have time for two MMO's.

Got on tonight. Looks like I am going to need a hardware upgrade....it's got a good flow and is easy to get into.

god dammit i need a new PC to play these games, problem is even after $1500 I won't be able to play next year's games...

to me this is the main negative PCs have on consoles, the experience is all in the computer, especially online games. But god this game looks so fuging good...always been a fan of the star wars RPGs and Im not even a fan of star wars

My collectors edition will be here today via Amazon. Not sure when I'll start it though.

god dammit i need a new PC to play these games, problem is even after $1500 I won't be able to play next year's games...

to me this is the main negative PCs have on consoles, the experience is all in the computer, especially online games. But god this game looks so fuging good...always been a fan of the star wars RPGs and Im not even a fan of star wars

honestly if you build it yourself you shouldn't need to spend $1500 to have a pc that will last you.

I'm pretty sure you could soup up a pre-fab one and have it be pretty nice for under 1500, too.

So now that some people have had a chance to play it....how is it? I'm seriously considering picking this up. I don't want to waste 50-60 bucks tho. Not to mention I'm already playing Rift and I love it (though I am getting a bit bored, since I've done just about everything)....i don't have time for two MMO's.

I have played most every major MMO out there. Rift is one of the many I have a great deal of experience with...

I much prefer leveling in TOR. Can't speak to end game because I'm not there, but the voice over stories and multiple options have so far drawn me into the story.