Photo
- - - - -

DJ Augustin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:24 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

This young man is having the start of a fantastic rookie year. Check out what they're writing about #14

Augustin scored a career-high 29 points in a one-on-one matchup of point guards with No. 1 pick Derrick Rose, and the undermanned Charlotte Bobcats snapped a seven-game losing streak with a 110-101 overtime victory over the Chicago Bulls on Tuesday night.

Augustin forced overtime by hitting three free throws with 19 seconds left after Rose fouled him on a 3-point attempt, a call that the Bulls vehemently protested.

Augustin also helped shut down Rose, who had a rare off night in what’s been a remarkable rookie season.

Rose was held to six points on 3-of-16 shooting, with seven assists. He had a potential game-winning shot blocked by Emeka Okafor at the end of regulation and Okafor blocked him again just before Augustin’s free throws put Charlotte ahead 105-100.

“That’s why you love the NBA,” Rose said. “You’ve got another game tomorrow.”

http://sports.yahoo....8121630&prov=ap

#2 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:38 AM

Augustin has been a pleasant surprise from our usually spotty drafting technique. I have a feeling that having Augustin is going to make the guys who still mourn the loss of CP3 or DW feel a little better about our franchise. We needed a home run pick like Augustin looks to be.

He's going to be a star in this league and I hope he continues to play at the level that would denote his future success.

#3 Ounce

Ounce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:13 AM

Love the kid, probably our best draft pick next to Okafor (don't shoot me). He's going to be a stud for a long time.

#4 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:27 AM

I agree, but there is alot of games left to play. I am impressed so far.

#5 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:46 PM

I have a feeling this is going to be the best draft pick for years to come for the bobcats