• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thebigcat

Can you do without the Cam celebrations?

Didn't read the whole thread, but I did see an allegation that being old = not liking the celebrations = not fun, which is bullshit btw. I also saw a couple of posts trying to make this something more than it's not, racism.

Quite simply, some folks like the showboat in Cam, some don't. If you don't like it, turn away and grab a beer or something, because he's not gonna change - and why should he?

Me personally, I absolutely love them - and yeah, I'm an older white guy, so gtfoh about that poo talk. I like that he gets pumped up from them, I like that the team feeds off that excitement. But most importantly, I like how he is completely and irrevocably getting inside his opponents' heads and making them do stupid poo in anger. It's perfect psychological warfare, and Cam comes to win. Force your enemy to replace logic and thinking with negative emotion, and you've just won over half of the battle.

It's fuggin brilliant, it is!

All I can say is Cam is a different CAT. What QB fights his CB during training camp? NONE. People we are winning games enjoy the ride we have something special. This is our 6th winning season in the franchises history. Hopefully we will win a SB this year. If the worse thing we can say about our superstar is him overdoing celebration during a game consider ourselves lucky. It's a non issue. ENJOY THE RIDE.

Cam's confidence and attitude has become an identity for our offense. We already have a frustrating offense with as much as we successfully run the ball. The finger point after first downs is definitely part Cam having fun and part mind game. Olsen has done it a couple of times. DA did it while filling in for Cam last season. Kelvin did it last season. Stew has done it at least once that I recall. The team loves it, Cam loves it, most fans love it. I don't see the issue. Was the celebration in the end zone long? Yes, but only because that defense was jawing all game. Cam let em have it. Don't poke the bear, you'll get danced on. Dollars to doughnuts Cam would have ridden a unicycle in the end zone if he had access to one today because of how much trash that defense talked.

If you don't like it, suit up and try to stop him. He doesn't get in the defenses face when they run around celebrating a sack on him. 

I love how OP uses Jordan as a barometer for sportsmanship. If u believe that then it's absolutely clear you didn't watch a single f'ing game Michael Jordan played in. He did more to get under opposing players skin than anyone in the league not named Reggie Miller. Cam is emulating MJ in so many ways and we as Panther nation should be beyond proud to cheer for Cam every Sunday. His celebrations are part of what makes Cam, Cam. If you don't like it or can't see why it's so beneficial to this organization, then I have to seriously question ones loyalty to this team.

I still need the gif of him getting belligerent with it once that defender took exception to his celebration...    My favorite moment of the day.

7 hours ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

I've noticed the people that hate Cam's dances aren't racist, just old. I've seen black people complain about it too, but the commonality is that they're all old. I haven't read through the entire thread, but I hope the only person complaining is thebigcat.

I am a relatively old white guy and I love Cam's shenanigans after a 1st down and a score (but had to look up dabbing). My only worry is that he puts a big bullseye on his chest for coaches with less than honorable intentions, ie Jeff Fisher and/or Greg Williams.

Why the Hell are people whining about Cam celebrating?

All that the media and everyone else outside of Panthers nation (and some within) have done is doubt, disrespect, and disregard this team. The narrative has been loud and clear when it comes to the media and the Panthers.

Now, the team is 9-0 with a very strong chance of getting home field advantage for the playoffs... and you're going to bitch because our franchise QB danced after a TD? Where have you been the last 5 seasons?

Let this man continue to laugh and dance in the face of adversity. #KeepPounding

1 hour ago, mikencP226 said:

I am a relatively old white guy and I love Cam's shenanigans after a 1st down and a score (but had to look up dabbing). My only worry is that he puts a big bullseye on his chest for coaches with less than honorable intentions, ie Jeff Fisher and/or Greg Williams.

This is my point exactly.... When you are dancing in front of grown men playing for their livelihood and embarrassing them at their house, your basically inviting them to go gunning for you.... The team has invested $100 million in you, we shredded Culpepper's career in a horrific play inadvertently, what do you think an imbecile like Junior Galette would do if he was still in New Orleans and Cam is dancing in the Superdome

I really don't get why people are making a fuss about it. I coach 7 & 8 year olds in our soccer team, and I keep telling them to love the game. Love playing it, have fun out there. I'm pretty sure that a lot of young people who are watching Cam Newton play this game, just love the joy and genuine pleasure he has in playing Football. 

7 hours ago, lightsout said:

Cam's confidence and attitude has become an identity for our offense. We already have a frustrating offense with as much as we successfully run the ball. The finger point after first downs is definitely part Cam having fun and part mind game. Olsen has done it a couple of times. DA did it while filling in for Cam last season. Kelvin did it last season. Stew has done it at least once that I recall. The team loves it, Cam loves it, most fans love it. I don't see the issue. Was the celebration in the end zone long? Yes, but only because that defense was jawing all game. Cam let em have it. Don't poke the bear, you'll get danced on. Dollars to doughnuts Cam would have ridden a unicycle in the end zone if he had access to one today because of how much trash that defense talked.

This....and oh yeah, if u dont like it, keep him out of the end zone

So let me get this straight.........the ridiculous and asinine dances performed by the Titans after a sack are perfectly acceptable, but a similar dance after actually scoring a TD is over the top.

Yea, that seems logical.....NOT.

Hey Dilfer and the rest of the Titan fans......we won, you lost......just suck it.

52 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

This is my point exactly.... When you are dancing in front of grown men playing for their livelihood and embarrassing them at their house, your basically inviting them to go gunning for you.... The team has invested $100 million in you, we shredded Culpepper's career in a horrific play inadvertently, what do you think an imbecile like Junior Galette would do if he was still in New Orleans and Cam is dancing in the Superdome

So we should be scared? C'mon bro.