Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goondal

Your Heisman Ballot?

Coming into today I had Baker Mayfield #1 and felt very confident on that pick.  After today though my ballot would look like:

1) Christian McCaffrey (Stanford)
2) Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma)
3) Derrick Henry (Alabama)

My Preditcion for Invitees:
Derrick Henry (winner)
Baker Mayfield
Christian McCaffrey
DeShaun Watson

I do not think Keenan Reynolds gets an invite, but I really hope he does.

You guys are insane, DeShaun Watson, hands down

4,404 Total Yards

41 Total Touchdowns

11 Turnovers

69.5 completion % 

A RB is not going to win Heisman, and Watson's stats are better than Mayfield, you guys are on crack, Watson's trophy easily

6 hours ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

You guys are insane, DeShaun Watson, hands down

4,404 Total Yards

41 Total Touchdowns

11 Turnovers

69.5 completion % 

A RB is not going to win Heisman, and Watson's stats are better than Mayfield, you guys are on crack, Watson's trophy easily

Mayfield had one more TD (in one less game) and half the turnovers, and why can a RB not win?

Saying anybody is hands down the best this year is just plain incorrect.  Any of the four I listed would be deserving and had Dalvin Cook not missed time due to injury he would be right there with them as well.

15 hours ago, Goondal said:

Mayfield had one more TD (in one less game) and half the turnovers, and why can a RB not win?

Saying anybody is hands down the best this year is just plain incorrect.  Any of the four I listed would be deserving and had Dalvin Cook not missed time due to injury he would be right there with them as well.

A QB has won 5 straight and 8 of the last 9. Any time there is a QB leading the #1 team to an undefeated season and putting up gaudy numbers, they get the trophy. Maybe this year will be different, but I'd be very surprised.

The guy who didn't get invited:

Keenan Reynolds.

And not just for the records he set as the QB at Navy, but how many of the other Heisman hopefuls are carrying a class schedule that looks like this:

• Financial Analysis
  • National Security Decision Making in the Cyber Age
  • Politics of Irregular Warfare
  • Political Philosophy
  • Sports Economics

I mean, I like Keenan Reynolds and he is obviously a good, smart kid, but the Heisman isn't about that. If we invited every player who amassed 2000 yards and 25 tds on the season, we'd have to find a bigger venue.

I was rooting for Reynolds to get an invite but both Mayfield and Dalvin Cook deserved one more and they are sitting home.

Well it appears RBs finished 1-2

Not a fan of Henry winning.  McCaffrey did so much more in my opinion.  I suspect he will be the early favorite next season.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    PanthersToast88