15 replies to this topic

#1 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:47 AM

Just list some games you are excited to see this weekend. Mine are...

Tennessee at Florida- Of course I want to see this because I want as many points scored against Kiffin who couldn't keep his mouth shut this offseason.

Florida State at BYU-Can BYU keep their BCS hopes alive?

Nebraska at Virginia Tech- Good ranked matchup. Good to see Nebraska back in national prominence.

Any others you guys are interested in?

#2 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:15 AM

I'll be in Blacksburg come Saturday to watch that one. Should be a good game.

#3 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:20 AM

I'll be in Blacksburg come Saturday to watch that one. Should be a good game.

Very cool. I'll be cheering for you guys. I very much dislike Va Tech. I personally think Nebraska wins by 10.

#4 Al Morgan

Al Morgan

The Italian Panther!

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:27 AM

Georgia Tech vs Miami

#5 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:28 AM

Very cool. I'll be cheering for you guys. I very much dislike Va Tech. I personally think Nebraska wins by 10.

rep

#6 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:43 AM

VT/Nebraska - Was thinking about heading up to the game, but have to work

UNC/ECU - Personal reasons, but if UNC doesn't get their offense rolling this could be an easy loss

Florida/Tenn - Just to see how many points Florida puts up

Utah/Oregon - Probably the best matchup this week

FSU/BYU - I personally think BYU rolls them, but we will see

not really a great weekend of football, kinda glad I am working ......I think I am more interested in watching which ACC head coaches keep their jobs

#7 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:57 AM

zac lee's 1st road start is in the burg, nice. its a 10 point win for the huskers already? unlike last year you wont be at home with a vet qb. nice to see vt is dismissed with the loss to bama (even if they were leading in the 4th with 0 offense to speak of.....)

tweeder: al groh is gone, they are just looking for a replacement now. what a horrible coach (i love it :P), recruits well enough, has put some great prospects into the NFL, yet they continue to suck hard.

#8 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:10 AM

Lee is better than Ganz. Much more polished and better arm.

My main worry is stopping the run. We have too many slow, white LBs. But our D-Line is nasty, which can make them not as big of a liability.

I'm not predicting a win. I think it will be close like last year.

#9 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:27 AM

ugh I hate to bust your bubble CHusker, but VT's defense is still a lot better than what that Bama game showed, and they have now introduced Ryan Williams to the Nation, but the sad part is he isn't even their best running back, a guy named David Wilson is much more explosive...If by chance you can slow down their running game, and have a decent running game of your own it will be close, but if not it could get ugly quick

#10 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:43 AM

really imo the key matchup is hokie offense vs husker defense. if the hokies can just eat clock and stay on the field VT should win (ie run the ball 30+ times), VT has a top 20 D (the stats b/c of the bama game wont reflect that) that can hold most teams down. honestly other than carmicheal and grimm, this d should be better than last year. they have issues at #2 cb unless hosley can work his way up the depth chart, but beamer will go with chris hill replacing carmicheal (who should have been benched at bama). though hosley could get time after the marshal performance. grimm, love his hustle and energy, but he is undesized, plays as an average LB in a CB body. get a hat on him (like a the bama game) and he is looking up at the sky or seeing stars.

i actually expect a close game, as the husker pass rush will be more than enough to disrupt taylor. we cant stop anyone from getting to him again this year, and the husker will bring it right up the gut, hopefully they tell tyrod to role out and run (unlike the bama game), as he could do alot of damage that way again. if tech trys to pass all over them huskers win TOP and game. we run it 35+ times i like VT.

i would be surprised at another 30+ point output from either team.

EDIT: tweeder, think if vt would run the option flexbone offense (like GT) next year with evans back.......... evans, williams, wilson, and even tyrod out there..... too bad it wont happen.

Edited by chbright, 14 September 2009 - 11:48 AM.

#11 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:01 PM

I'm under no illusions that VT's front 7 is anything but very good. I think you guys have some weaknesses in your secondary, but that can be remedied with great pass rush and QB pressure.

I'm pretty confident in our O-Line, and I think our OC Watson is one of the 10 best in the country. He should have some nice wrinkles in place in case Lee is taking too much heat. In all honesty, I think this is our best offense since 2001 when Crouch won the Heisman. If we can run the ball, get TEs and WRs into the seams and take some pressure off Lee, we finally have the speed at WR with Paul and Gilleyen to take some shots downfield.

Like I said, our D-line, especially Suh, is very strong, and should be able to get to Taylor. The issue will be stopping him from taking off when he's outside of the pocket. I'm most worried about our LBs making tackles and not getting out of assignment when he does.

#12 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:52 PM

Cal - Minnesota - Upset Alert in Minneapolis. First big win in the new stadium.

Tulsa - Oklahoma - Golden Hurricane can score. Game has potential to be tight a lot longer than people think.

USC - Washington - Trojans would like to make ex-OC Sarkisian's start in Pac-10 play a bad one.

Arizona - Iowa -.This game could be a springboard for the winner's chances in their conference play.

UConn - Baylor - Robert Griffin's made Baylor a tough out. A 2-0 start and he may have them thinking bowl.

Texas Tech - Texas - Won't match last year's all-timer, but Tech will know where they stand.

#13 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:10 PM

Just list some games you are excited to see this weekend. Mine are...

Tennessee at Florida- Of course I want to see this because I want as many points scored against Kiffin who couldn't keep his mouth shut this offseason.

Florida State at BYU-Can BYU keep their BCS hopes alive?

Nebraska at Virginia Tech- Good ranked matchup. Good to see Nebraska back in national prominence.

Any others you guys are interested in?

I just don't understand this. Why has everyone been so up-in-arms over Kiffin's statements? When he said he'd be singing Rocky Top all night after beating Florida this year, he was obviously just trying to rally a room full of fans. What coach doesn't sell an idea like that to his players/fans? Kiffin's speech just got aired on every TV outlet in the world.
As for mentioning that Meyer had violated a recruiting rule by calling Nu'keese Richardson while he was on his official visit to Tennessee, he was again...talking to a room full of Tennessee fans. He was mistaken about the violation, but still, he hadn't even called to "report" Meyer. He was simply trying to motivate a depressed fanbase. Turns out, it isn't a RULE, it is just in bad taste to call a recruit while they are on a visit to another school.
Why is it so taboo to try and motivate your home fans? Get over it!

Now, on a separate note...Tennessee has a 0% chance of keeping this game close. Jonathan Crompton is simply the worst QB to EVER play at Tennessee. We have backups, but they won't throw them in for their first game against the best team in the country. I fear a brutal beat down this weekend. Tennesse should not throw the ball more than like five times in the entire game.

#14 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:57 PM

I just don't understand this. Why has everyone been so up-in-arms over Kiffin's statements? When he said he'd be singing Rocky Top all night after beating Florida this year, he was obviously just trying to rally a room full of fans. What coach doesn't sell an idea like that to his players/fans? Kiffin's speech just got aired on every TV outlet in the world.
As for mentioning that Meyer had violated a recruiting rule by calling Nu'keese Richardson while he was on his official visit to Tennessee, he was again...talking to a room full of Tennessee fans. He was mistaken about the violation, but still, he hadn't even called to "report" Meyer. He was simply trying to motivate a depressed fanbase. Turns out, it isn't a RULE, it is just in bad taste to call a recruit while they are on a visit to another school.
Why is it so taboo to try and motivate your home fans? Get over it!

Now, on a separate note...Tennessee has a 0% chance of keeping this game close. Jonathan Crompton is simply the worst QB to EVER play at Tennessee. We have backups, but they won't throw them in for their first game against the best team in the country. I fear a brutal beat down this weekend. Tennesse should not throw the ball more than like five times in the entire game.

Not taboo at all. I just advise you keep your mouth shut about Florida. Especially a first year head coach with a less than average football team. He can say what he wants, he just needs to understand that Urban Meyer takes any extra motivation he can get to hang a lot of points on you. That is all.

#15 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:52 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen - playing the role of 2006 and 8 Oregon St. and 2007 Stanford - the Washington Huskies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com