Photo
- - - - -

John Clayton

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 doghead28

doghead28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:45 PM

This guy is a moron. He said if we don't win Sunday then there is no way we could beat the Giants in the playoffs on the road. He proceeded to say without winning this game we cannot make it to the Super Bowl. Yes I want homefield. I want the Panthers to win but if we don't I don't think the season is lost by any means. This guy is paid as a football expert. How can you make uneducated comments such as this like they are facts?

#2 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:47 PM

He's a dumbass. We know it all too well. He should stick to injury reports...

#3 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

Grim reaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

Why does everyone love to hate us? :arf:

#5 CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:01 PM

Yeah, we've never beaten a team in the playoffs after losing to them in the regular season.... except for Dallas in 03, Philly in 03, and Chicago in 05.

#6 Sultan33g

Sultan33g

I have a boner.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

John Clayton=

Attached Files

#7 Gscottnc5

Gscottnc5

Reposter Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

he got sean salisbury FIRED!!!

#8 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,187 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:21 PM

mkay.

#9 Plewis

Plewis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:23 PM

he's got a point... with the injuries the Giants have right now and how they're playing on their heels and we're steamrolling. If we don't win, it'll be hard to concieve us beating them in Jan. Not that it couldn't happen. But I don't take that as a huge insult. I think the Grim Reaper actually knows his poo for the most part.... him and Jaws.

#10 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

he's got a point... with the injuries the Giants have right now and how they're playing on their heels and we're steamrolling. If we don't win, it'll be hard to concieve us beating them in Jan. Not that it couldn't happen. But I don't take that as a huge insult. I think the Grim Reaper actually knows his sh*t for the most part.... him and Jaws.

The next time Clayton catches a football will be the first. He knows nothing about the game itself and should probably be relegated to the role of team correspondent where he can follow the players around all week and get interesting soundbites to share with the sportscenter anchors. The problem is that he's not a hot woman, so he can't fill that spot. In fact, I'm not really sure why he's on ESPN.

Remember, we lost at Chicago, at Dallas and at home to Philly and then went on to beat all three of those teams during our past playoff runs. What happens Sunday is important, but if we lose it doesn't mean that chances for a title are gone.

I guess that these analysts make a living by hyping up every week of the NFL season like it's the last.

#11 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:30 PM

Yeah, we've never beaten a team in the playoffs after losing to them in the regular season.... except for Dallas in 03, Philly in 03, and Chicago in 05.

Owned.

I wonder if Clayton thinks the same is true: that if we were to beat New York, there would be no chance they could beat us at home in the playoffs and advance to the Super Bowl.

After all, they are the ones on a two-game losing skid.

#12 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:46 PM

He's still pissed that he said the Cats were gonna draft and needed to draft a QB and they didn't. lol

#13 xPUREBYBLOODx

xPUREBYBLOODx

StraightXXXLife

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:54 PM

This guy is a moron. He said if we don't win Sunday then there is no way we could beat the Giants in the playoffs on the road. He proceeded to say without winning this game we cannot make it to the Super Bowl. Yes I want homefield. I want the Panthers to win but if we don't I don't think the season is lost by any means. This guy is paid as a football expert. How can you make uneducated comments such as this like they are facts?

Yeah I was totally yealling at the TV when I was watching that. ESPN reporters are such MASSIVE tools. Half of them probably don't even believe the crap they report. Just do it for THE MAN. So friggin retarded.

#14 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:58 PM

Can we just make a thread of "he said she said" posts? They are coming up every day, Jim Rome said this, John Clayton said this, Steve young said that.

WHO CARES?!

They don't have any say on what happens on the field, stop freaking out and taking these so personally.

#15 SloppyJoe

SloppyJoe

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:38 AM

I have a question... Is there a sportswriter/caster that the Huddle actually likes? Pretty much every writer I have ever heard of has had their own thread made to bitch about something they've said. Well guess what, sportswriting, even though it is done professionally, is still ones own opinion. And are you going to agree with someone 100% of the time? Hell no. So can we please stop making threads like this every time a sportswriter doesn't jump to the conclusion that the Panthers are Gods gift to football?!

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com