• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:06 AM

other than banning me here is an idea that i have seen used in a couple different forums. limit those who can start threads to those who have 100 or more posts. it doesn't have to be 100 posts necessarily. still, putting a min. # of posts of some kind made as a requirement for starting threads would help contain the mess that we get in here. it's only going to get worse as homers from other teams come in to talk trash.

i imagine it would make the mod's jobs easier.

2 problems that i could see is there being a lot of whining from noobs about not being allowed to do that and a lot of post whoring just to get up to the minimum number.

at the very least it could be that the minimum post count requirement is only used in the main forum.

anyway, it's just a thought.

Edited by rayzor, 16 September 2009 - 10:23 AM.

#2 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,751 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:10 AM

How about another button next to the Submit New Thread button:

"Is This A Dumb Thread?"

#3 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,249 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

I think if the Panthers were winning, there would be fewer dumb threads/posts.

So....you should talk to Foxy.

#4 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:25 PM

number of posts has nothing to do with the intelligence of the person making the post, more so with the amount of free time they have to cruise the forum!

you want to minimize the dumb posts...I'd say the best way would be to not read them, don't reply, don't encourage!

#5 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:54 AM

number of posts has nothing to do with the intelligence of the person making the post, more so with the amount of free time they have to cruise the forum!

you want to minimize the dumb posts...I'd say the best way would be to not read them, don't reply, don't encourage!

not what i was alluding to...necessarily.

those that have been around a long time are less likely to make dupe threads.

also, there are a lot of new posters that come in hot after one or two games for some reason who just have to vent and end up saying something that is already being said by a lot of people. then there are the trolls from other teams who will come in and start threads that will end up being moved to smack anyway.

#6 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:51 PM

I hear ya...other boards I frequent or have frequented have a manual approval process that would essentially eliminate new people from signing up on game day or during/right after the game, this would certainly help but could also be a logistical nightmare for those that would do the approvals!

#7 KatsAzz

KatsAzz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

Well said Hawk. It is easy to skip over a thread that does not interest you.:idea:

#8 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:07 PM

huh....what....did someone say something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.