21 replies to this topic

#16 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:06 PM

A7X is meh... Kind of too commercial and mall-rattish to me...

BTBAM is the best out there... The Faceless are another one of my favorites, and I am also currently still listening to IWrestledABearOnce and Arsonists Get All the Girls...

As for other genres, nothing good has come out of them in years, so I don't bother... I'll still pop in some Biggie/Tupac every now and then for some rap, or maybe even Little Brother... But I usually stick to metal/classic rock... I also enjoy some bluegrass every now and then, but don't really have any favorites...

I'm gonna try to get to Amos' in Charlotte on the 6th of October though.. BTBAM + The Faceless + 3 Inches of Blood + In Flames.. Should be a sick show...

Yea a lot of people dislike the direction A7X has gone. I like that they change all the time and bring something new. BtBAM is definitely where it's at. Colors was absolutely epic, and The Great Misdirect is supposedly better. IWrestledABearOnce is just one of those bands who is crazy ridiculous.

I want to go to the show at Amos' with In Flames and BtBAM. In Flames puts on a fantastic show. I live 4 hours away and its on a tuesday (I think?) though. You may already know them but you should check out Protest the Hero if you like great guitar work.

#17 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:26 PM

I have heard good things about the john mayer trio..but IDK..havent got around to listening to anything yet

#18 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:12 AM

Looks like I'll be heading to Amos' for the In Flames/BTBAM/The Faceless/3 Inches of Blood show next Tuesday... Sweet!

#19 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:45 AM

singer/songwriter: Bob Dylan(mostly early stuff), Rod Stewart
Guitarists: David Gilmour(Pink Floyd), Jimi
Bands: Floyd, Led Zep, Beatles, RHCP, Do It To Julia(A bunch of my friends from APP, they do alot of shows in charlotte and they are in talks with a label in Nashville. I would say kind of a mix between jam band, folk. Lead singer also plays the fiddle and mandolin. Good sheet)

#20 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

Beatles,The Who,Black Sabbath,Cream,Jimi H,The Clash,The Damned,Black Flag,Minor Threat,Negative Approach,Gang Green,The Melvins,Nirvana,Quotsa,Pink Floyd,David Bowie,PJ Harvey,The Rolling Stones,NWA,Ice T,Bad Brains,Hank the 3rd,Johnny Cash,bluegrass,Devo,Mudhoney.....you get the picture!

Edited by 2plankingpanther, 01 October 2009 - 08:58 PM.

#21 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:06 PM

Guns N Roses, Billy Joel, Skid Row, Bon Jovi, Poison, Motley Crue, The Bravery, 2pac, Mobb Deep, 50 Cent, The Game, Lords of Brooklyn, R. Kelly, Mims, Eminem, T.I., Young Jeezy, Jay Z, Common,

#22 Lt Pinkerton

Lt Pinkerton

Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:19 PM

Fleet Foxes, Death Cab for Cutie, The Killers, Queen, The Format, Weezer, fun., Micheal Jackson, Bon Iver, The Beach Boys, Minus the Bear, The Strokes, Arcade Fire, Dear and the Headlights, Eminem, John Mayer, Kiss Kiss, Manchester Orchestra, mewithoutYou, Radiohead, Saves the Day, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com