Goondal

How about those RED SOX! Part Deux

83 posts in this topic

Eduardo Nunez is on his way to Boston.  i think we were both worried about what Dombroski would give up so let us look at that first.  I do not really know anything about either but according to SoxProspects

Shaun Anderson (RHP, High-A Salem); #17 in Sox Organization
22 y/o, 58.2 IP, 3.99 ERA, 1.21 WHIP, 48/18 K/BB
He is the ninth ranked SP and sixth ranked RHP
Ceiling: Back end of the rotation starter with good mechanics and no true out pitch

Gregory Santos (RHP, Dominican Summer League), not in Top 60 prospects
17 y/o, 30 IP, 0.90 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, 24/15 K/BB

Now for what we got

Eduardo Nunez (2B/3B/SS/LF/RF)
.308/.334/.417, 4 HR, 31 RBI, 18/5 on the bases, 29/12 K/BB
-Negative Fielding at all five positions, SS being his worst
-.358 since June 1 (fifth in MLB)
-Toughest hitter to strike out in majors in 2017 (Betts and Pedroia are second and fourth respectively)
-FA at end of season so is a rental

All in all, I like it.  He can play third, spell Xander from time, and we can DH him and play Hanley at 1B when Moreland is not playing to avoid his glove.  Does not help the power outage in the lineup but is always a threat for a hit and not a threat for a rally killing K. He will be gone at te end of the season but the plan is for Devers next season.  Most importantly, it did not cost much.

Now we need a RP.  Neshek would be nice.

1 person likes this

Probably the best move we could have made, didn't overpay, and allows Devers more time to develop in AAA. Adds some more speed to the lineup and hopefully allows us to play a little smallball since the lack of power in the lineup is really handicapping the offense.

Neshek would be pretty cheap and similar to the Ziegler move made last year, but I'd prefer the Sox to target Justin Wilson. Tigers practically gave away JD Martinez to the DBacks and Wilson only has a year left on his contract. Adds a lefty arm to the bullpen and could be the 8th inning guy, allowing Barnes/Kelly to work the 7th.

1 person likes this

Justin Wilson would be great.  I totally forgot he was on the market.  Read an article maybe two weeks ago about guys possibly available at the deadline and he and Moustakas were my top choices.  The Royals winning streak basically means they will not be selling though.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    rawhide