Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greghardy'sAK-47

Allen Stays

14 posts in this topic

They will have legit ACC starting caliber players from 1-10 on that team and multiple future lottery picks.  lol  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Thornton leaves the PG spot will be interesting...can Frank Jackson be a "PG" when they need a point? Will Bolden come? But other than that, they've got '99 Duke potential. Their 2nd team could literally make a S16 run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen staying is very head scratching.  A 1st round pick coming back for what?  

Whatever though, Duke is the Champion next year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like years ago when Barnes stayed another year at UNC and some idiot on here said Roy was costing Barnes millions. This will cost Allen millions

Theres not but so many minutes or shots to go around.  They'll be stacked but that don't always work ( see Kentucky )

And Thornton ain't going any where where would he go back to HS. He was less than impressive last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess he decided not to take a trip to the NBA

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not costing him millions (unless he gets hurt).

 

He was and still is going to be a late 1st round pick/early 2nd round pick. He was last year, he is this year, he will be next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

It's not costing him millions (unless he gets hurt).

 

He was and still is going to be a late 1st round pick/early 2nd round pick. He was last year, he is this year, he will be next year. 

Allen wasn't a 1st round pick last year, and next years draft will be MUCH deeper.  And Allen had nothing to gain from staying, it's a fail in my opinion.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Allen wasn't a 1st round pick last year, and next years draft will be MUCH deeper.  And Allen had nothing to gain from staying, it's a fail in my opinion.  

Chad Ford would disagree. He reported last year, and maybe even mocked, Grayson as a 1st rounder with intel from NBA people. 

This year, next year, last year...he was always going to be picked 25-40. If he likes college, and he's on track to graduate in 3 years....why not stay? Only thing that could cost him is injuries which I noted. 

 

A side note...I partially think he could hurt Duke next year if he does play like he did this season. He's going to be the 3rd option next year....if he's thinking he's throwing up 15-20 shots next year he's going to screw that team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Chad Ford would disagree. He reported last year, and maybe even mocked, Grayson as a 1st rounder with intel from NBA people. 

This year, next year, last year...he was always going to be picked 25-40. If he likes college, and he's on track to graduate in 3 years....why not stay? Only thing that could cost him is injuries which I noted. 

 

A side note...I partially think he could hurt Duke next year if he does play like he did this season. He's going to be the 3rd option next year....if he's thinking he's throwing up 15-20 shots next year he's going to screw that team. 

This draft blows, that's the thing, he was guaranteed first round this year.  Next years Draft is so stacked with freshmen talent, I don't think Grayson gets picked first round, and Hell, he could not be picked at all.  He could comeback to graduate, that's my thing.  But whatever, it's probably a dream of his or some poo.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Topics

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      18,338
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    rawhide
    Joined