Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greghardy'sAK-47

Allen Stays

If Thornton leaves the PG spot will be interesting...can Frank Jackson be a "PG" when they need a point? Will Bolden come? But other than that, they've got '99 Duke potential. Their 2nd team could literally make a S16 run. 

Allen staying is very head scratching.  A 1st round pick coming back for what?  

Whatever though, Duke is the Champion next year.  

Just like years ago when Barnes stayed another year at UNC and some idiot on here said Roy was costing Barnes millions. This will cost Allen millions

Theres not but so many minutes or shots to go around.  They'll be stacked but that don't always work ( see Kentucky )

And Thornton ain't going any where where would he go back to HS. He was less than impressive last year

It's not costing him millions (unless he gets hurt).

He was and still is going to be a late 1st round pick/early 2nd round pick. He was last year, he is this year, he will be next year. 

35 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

It's not costing him millions (unless he gets hurt).

He was and still is going to be a late 1st round pick/early 2nd round pick. He was last year, he is this year, he will be next year. 

Allen wasn't a 1st round pick last year, and next years draft will be MUCH deeper.  And Allen had nothing to gain from staying, it's a fail in my opinion.  

45 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Allen wasn't a 1st round pick last year, and next years draft will be MUCH deeper.  And Allen had nothing to gain from staying, it's a fail in my opinion.  

Chad Ford would disagree. He reported last year, and maybe even mocked, Grayson as a 1st rounder with intel from NBA people. 

This year, next year, last year...he was always going to be picked 25-40. If he likes college, and he's on track to graduate in 3 years....why not stay? Only thing that could cost him is injuries which I noted. 

A side note...I partially think he could hurt Duke next year if he does play like he did this season. He's going to be the 3rd option next year....if he's thinking he's throwing up 15-20 shots next year he's going to screw that team. 

57 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Chad Ford would disagree. He reported last year, and maybe even mocked, Grayson as a 1st rounder with intel from NBA people. 

This year, next year, last year...he was always going to be picked 25-40. If he likes college, and he's on track to graduate in 3 years....why not stay? Only thing that could cost him is injuries which I noted. 

A side note...I partially think he could hurt Duke next year if he does play like he did this season. He's going to be the 3rd option next year....if he's thinking he's throwing up 15-20 shots next year he's going to screw that team. 

This draft blows, that's the thing, he was guaranteed first round this year.  Next years Draft is so stacked with freshmen talent, I don't think Grayson gets picked first round, and Hell, he could not be picked at all.  He could comeback to graduate, that's my thing.  But whatever, it's probably a dream of his or some poo.  

On April 7, 2016 at 1:31 PM, nctarheel0619 said:

Allen staying is very head scratching.  A 1st round pick coming back for what?  

Whatever though, Duke is the Champion next year.  

the bolded is why he is coming back.  that and allen is the academic type -- on par to graduate after next year so i've heard.  

On April 7, 2016 at 11:02 AM, CarolinaNCSU said:

If Thornton leaves the PG spot will be interesting...can Frank Jackson be a "PG" when they need a point? Will Bolden come? But other than that, they've got '99 Duke potential. Their 2nd team could literally make a S16 run. 

i don't think duke will really need a prototypical true 1 next season.  they didn't have one this season and they got to the S16.  scoring will not be an issue for their team next season. 

my guess is jackson will bring the ball up the court, but that the lead guard duties could vary a lot.  at this point jackson is more a combo guard, but he is really turning heads these days. his game in high school reminds me a bit of jay williams.