• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:25 PM

Thats true..so why not move him back to his position of recruiting coach, he was the reason Mike Vick went to VT..he can get athletes here he just doesnt know how to use them..Tommy Bowden anyone?. I mean honestly Beamer cant be happy with the offense and has to be a bit frustrated like us Tech fans are.

other than being directly related to the coach not bad. both sucked and had a loyal coach that the fans turned on. hopefully, finally their is an ultimatum, no more sub 100 offenses or your gone. every year beamer gives stiney a pass when he talks to the press/fans. i fear foster wont stick around if a hc job opens up where he can get away from the terrible offense he has to make up for. hell they need to do the jimbo fisher clause, just hand the team off to foster in 4 years so he stays and stiney gets da boot. love ya frank, but atm, foster is more important to the current and future success of the team than you are. he might get a HC job before your done, and if he does, VT goes back to irrelevance with or without frank.

#32 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:01 PM

Thats true..so why not move him back to his position of recruiting coach, he was the reason Mike Vick went to VT..he can get athletes here he just doesnt know how to use them..Tommy Bowden anyone?. I mean honestly Beamer cant be happy with the offense and has to be a bit frustrated like us Tech fans are.

He has a major connection to the Tidewater area, and I think if the Hokies move him back to that he might get up and leave for another school.

other than being directly related to the coach not bad. both sucked and had a loyal coach that the fans turned on. hopefully, finally their is an ultimatum, no more sub 100 offenses or your gone. every year beamer gives stiney a pass when he talks to the press/fans. i fear foster wont stick around if a hc job opens up where he can get away from the terrible offense he has to make up for. hell they need to do the jimbo fisher clause, just hand the team off to foster in 4 years so he stays and stiney gets da boot. love ya frank, but atm, foster is more important to the current and future success of the team than you are. he might get a HC job before your done, and if he does, VT goes back to irrelevance with or without frank.

Only thing about Foster is that there have been a ton of rumors about his off the field life and that is why he has been looked at as HC material and never offered. I highly doubt Foster gets the HC position after Beamer is gone. I would look for Weaver after a ringer such as when Florida went after Urban Meyer.

I could see them going towards Boise St head coach Chris Peterson, Bronco Medenhall, or even Will Muschamp

Also, I have heard tons of rumors with Brian Kelly's offensive Coordinator

There is a hell of a lot of VT fans that have come to the conclusion Beamer has gotten them as far as he is going to, and now it is time to hand over the reigns and retire

#33 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:13 PM

as for the huskers, they will be a force again in the big 12 imo. suh is the best DT imo, better than mt cody. he alone will give most big 12 teams trouble. they also might have found something at RB. from the sound of it, he continued his success from last year through the start of this one. not sure on the qb, still green imo. the pass to the WIDE open wr was all but 6 if he didnt have such a piss poor throw. the LBs looked fine to me, they wrapped up in the 2nd half, and contained the stretch plays with help from a great performance by the DL to keep the LOS and flow towards the run. henery, the kicker, needs to get a look next level, consistant and has a booming kick (and can friggn boom punts as a bonus).

Lee had a severely dislocated if not broken thumb during the game it's now coming out. I knew there had to be something wrong because he's got the best arm and most consistent accuracy of any QB we've had on the roster in the last 15 years at least. Maybe more. And he sucked in this game. Gilleyen was wide open on that throw, and he damn near threw it into the sidelines.

Sounds like he was in real pain and they had to give him a cortisone shot at halftime it was so swollen.

Suh is the best player we've had in this decade easily, and he'll probably end up being one of the greatest players in Husker history, which is pretty special.

Darth Helmet, aka Alex Henery is a fantastic kicker and will play on Sundays. That rugby style punt he had in the 1st half was amazing.

#34 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Va

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:35 PM

There was a really good article on Stinespring a while back, I'll have to dig it up, but it was about how the QB coach we had with Bryan Randall up until Marcus Vick was the reason our offense had any success and once we kicked Marcus Vick off the team, he went off to get a job with Brad Childress and the Vikings. Back then, he had a huge hand in the playcalling which explains the significant drop-off between 2005 and 2006(not all Sean Glennon) and the continued drop-off every year. Hopefully Beamer is just standing up for him knowing he's just a stop gap to a guy he actually wants there and so some people will lay off. He's used the 10+ win argument since 2006, and we all know we got there with defense and special teams alone. We could be a 12 win team with enough offense. And that is what Fans really want. It's nice to goto the Orange Bowl, but a chance at the BCS title is what we really want and strive for.

#35 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:37 PM

Suh is about the most impressive college DT that I've seen so far this year. I wish the Panthers had a shot at him.

#36 TyHillPanthers

TyHillPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:31 PM

There was a really good article on Stinespring a while back, I'll have to dig it up, but it was about how the QB coach we had with Bryan Randall up until Marcus Vick was the reason our offense had any success and once we kicked Marcus Vick off the team, he went off to get a job with Brad Childress and the Vikings. Back then, he had a huge hand in the playcalling which explains the significant drop-off between 2005 and 2006(not all Sean Glennon) and the continued drop-off every year. Hopefully Beamer is just standing up for him knowing he's just a stop gap to a guy he actually wants there and so some people will lay off. He's used the 10+ win argument since 2006, and we all know we got there with defense and special teams alone. We could be a 12 win team with enough offense. And that is what Fans really want. It's nice to goto the Orange Bowl, but a chance at the BCS title is what we really want and strive for.

Gosh I hope so..we should stay in state really. Look at JMU or Richmonds coaches. They seem to be up there every year in the FCS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com