Photo
- - - - -

Russell Wilson

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#16 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:13 PM

god no sean wouldnt have. i remember the georgia game. wasnt the lines fault, wasnt OC, he constantly stares down wrs, or throws it to a spot regardless if a lb is standing right there. the best qb the 1st half was eddie royal. sean singlehandedly lost us the bowl game against georgia. he was worse than delhomme against zona and philly combined, as he took a 17 point lead and gave them 3 turnovers in 4 possesions (i think the other was a fuble by rb), and we were down after that poo head was done. that little bitch sucked hard 2 games a year, but was gold against slow defenses. give him a defense that put a hand up and he got scared and threw ints out the ass (his last 2 seasons started with an INT to ECU on the very first pass attempt). could not see or avoid pressure that came right at his face. but he is missed as he was better than what vt has as backups now.

i would love to have his bro here. cant be worse than juju clayton or marcus davis (now at wr). plus he is a frign giant with a good arm (accuracy and decision making idk).

the OC wont stick to what works thats my problem with the idiot. we run the ball well up the gut, he stops and goes to the edges. he continues to try the edge until it works. i swear he wont stick to what works, and when something doesnt he continues to try it until it works or the games over. kansas game, ore runs rampent in the 3rd quarter not heard from again in the 4th WTF! bama, williams runs well against them, goes to the passing game time and time again in the 2nd half. hell husker game, 3 attempts in the 4th q i believe, 3 in the 3rd as well. yet williams had 80+ in the 1st half, and 107 on the game. fool wont stick to what works and wont get away from plays that arnt.

rant over.

as for wilson imo 2nd best qb in the acc atm. harris has taken the lead, as his wr are catching the ball, and he is hitting them in space, not forcing it (gt game). yeah wilson isnt doing any thing different, but harris has that O clicking, the qb has been da Us missing cog for some time now, and with him there they can do what they will on offense so far. he does have a running game unlike wilson though, but cant take anything away for his amazing start thus far against ranked opponents.

I understand your opinion on Glennon. We will see how Mike does he could be taking over this team as soon as next year. Right now TOB said he is ahead of where Matt Ryan was at the same point in his career. TOB recruited both and coached both of them so I trust his opinion.

Wilson's biggest problem is not anything he does as much as it is what his WRs don't do. They drop the ball in big moments and it needs to stop. If his receivers caught half the balls that they drop then his stats would be a lot more inflated. Harris is a really good QB but he is playing with a supporting cast that is better than any other cast in the ACC...That has to count for something.

#17 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:14 PM

Congratulations to Wilson. Now let's see how he does against some real teams this year.

I'll believe that Mike Glennon is good when I see it though.

I mean I'm not expecting him to do any worse than what he did against "real" teams last year. 17 TDs and 1 INT...

#18 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:14 PM

I mean I'm not expecting him to do any worse than what he did against "real" teams last year. 17 TDs and 1 INT...

The problem is that now most of these ACC opponents have faced him before and the teams that didn't will have plenty of tape to pick up on his tendencies. He may still do well, but it won't be quite as easy for him this year, IMO.

#19 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:46 PM

The problem is that now most of these ACC opponents have faced him before and the teams that didn't will have plenty of tape to pick up on his tendencies. He may still do well, but it won't be quite as easy for him this year, IMO.

We will see what happens. I am by no means guaranteeing that he will be First team QB this year. The thing about Wilson is that it doesn't really matter if you pick up on his tendencies because he isn't going to force anything. He will simply go through his progressions and find the open guy, throw it away, or run. He's not going to force it to a receiver and risk a pick. He was also a freshmen last year and admits that he knew very little of the offensive playbook at the time. So they might have picked up on his tendencies from last year but this year there is a whole new side of the playbook that he knows.

#20 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:15 PM

I know one thing for sure...there is no way in hell that Glennon is gonna make plays out of nothing like Russell Wilson does. That Pitt defense had him dead to rights in the backfield a couple of times and he still found a way to keep the play alive.

Your team won't be nearly as good when Wilson leaves.

#21 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:58 PM

I know one thing for sure...there is no way in hell that Glennon is gonna make plays out of nothing like Russell Wilson does. That Pitt defense had him dead to rights in the backfield a couple of times and he still found a way to keep the play alive.

He does make plays out of nothing at all.

#22 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

I do think RW is a good example of why recruiting rankings sometimes don't mean squat. Did you hear that Mike Paulus?

#23 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:47 PM

What a game this kid had. I may have to get on the bandwagon soon.

#24 Acewalker

Acewalker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:16 PM

My god, just got back a little while ago. That game was f*cking awesome... I was proud of our fans in the last minutes of the game, was actually really loud. Tony Baker was having a field day and Russell Wilson was moving around great and didn't really force any balls, while making some great throws. Our D was struggling throughout the game, but they really stepped up in the fourth quarter. Our special teams needs some work, though. 1 missed Fg, blocked fg, and Pitt was getting great field position off kick returns. I don't really have room to complain though, we got the W, really happy with our overall performance.

Edited by Acewalker, 26 September 2009 - 08:29 PM.

#25 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:29 PM

Wilson is a special talent and plays completely different than Glennon. But the thing is that Glennon isn't going to play until our OL is more stable. Our OL is absolutely atrocious right now but we have a lot of talent waiting in the wings to play. They will improve and when they do our offense will be even better. A lot of people are talking about Russell going pro in baseball and this being his last season but I think that he could even have one more year left and Glennon would play his redshirt Junior and Senior years. IMO that would be the ideal situation. Either way I have confidence that Tom O'brien will always have us at the top in offense.

I think one thing is for certain though..I think that it is Wilson, Ponder, and Harris for All ACC QB and then everyone else. They are the most pure QBs in the league even if Harris had a rough day.

RW - 21-35; 322 yards passing, 91 yards rushing, 4 TD passes

I'll take that line every night. He has 12 TDs this season already. He only had 17 all of last season.

Our defense and ST on the other hand needs to improve. We got gashed tonight with their field position. Once they got backed up I think they only had like 1 drive on us that produced points. But too many times they started at midfield. Reminiscient of the Panthers game of last week...

Edited by unicar15, 26 September 2009 - 10:34 PM.

#26 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:12 AM

lets just hope he sticks with football... he is a great baseball talent as well.

I think with his decision making skills and athletic ability he could really succeed with this team. I mean the guy just doesn't make bad throws and he has the athletic ability that when needed he can get out of the tackle box and toss it out.

I guess this whole throwing no INTs thing is kinda amazing to me as both a panther fan and state fan. remember daniel evans?... or harrison beck

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com