• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Keyarris Garrett didn't have to choose Carolina, but he did

Proehl is a huge asset and I see KG paying huge dividends. I like that he's extremely driven but remains humble. The thought of him realizing his potential with KB and Funch is exciting. 

• Pie 2

From now on I hereby decree that whenever Kelvin and Keyarris are referred to collectively they shall be labeled "The KGB."

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 9

26 minutes ago, Growl said:

From now on I hereby decree that whenever Kelvin and Keyarris are referred to collectively they shall be labeled "The KGB."

Can we add FunFun and Ginn and make it "The F'in KGB"?

• Pie 9

I'm sure having an mvp qb in place also had something to do with it.

I like the stories and backgrounds that come with the UDFA guys. I really hope they can catch on and make it.  If not here, then somewhere else.  

I think folks tend to overlook the impact having one our two guys like this develop into players. I think it's huge and a win/win for the player and the team. Norwell and Philly are great examples.  Guys get paid and in return the team has roster spots filled for the foreseeable future without having to overpay market $$$ for a vet to fill the role.   That savings goes back to your core or increases your ability to build around it.  

• Pie 2

6 Wr's with 4 being 6'4 and up add Olsen is truly playing basketball on grass .. No secondary can match our size and physicality on the outside...

• Pie 5

"We ain't got no wideouts"

He's probably one of my favorite coaches from the Panthers. He's been a huge asset, and we're lucky to have him.

• Pie 6

2 hours ago, Jackofalltrades said:

Proehl is a huge asset and I see KG paying huge dividends. I like that he's extremely driven but remains humble. The thought of him realizing his potential with KB and Funch is exciting. 

He is humble, confident, and seems determined.   Imagine the stories that will be written about him when he becomes a productive NFL WR.  I liked the "Yes Sir" answer.  I am old school in terms of manners.  It tells me that he was brought up well.

• Pie 2

When you sit down and put an honest, objective mind to this, who has more upside--
Garrett or Brown? 

I think the Panthers keep 5 WRs, but there is something to consider--I doubt we keep Teddy Williams, who was only a special teams player.  If you think of Ginn that way, can we work Garrett onto the roster?

1. Benjamin (Lock)
  2. Funchess (Lock)
  3. Ginn (Lock)
  4. Brown (Lock)
  5. Garrett
  6. Byrd
  7. Hill
  8. Norwood
  9. Hamilton
  10. Bersin
  11. Stoshak

Note:  Byrd and Stoshak are PS eligible, and I am guessing one or both will go to the PS unless they have a remarkable or underwhelming preseason.  The addition of Garrett decreases the chances for  Hill and Norwood, imo, because I think Garrett might be better.

• Pie 1