Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ARSEN

Barclays Premier League- 2016/17 Season Thread

306 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Raskle said:

See, I highly doubt this, since we just signed almost everyone to new 5-year deals, and Levy is almost painfully frugal in the transfer windows. I don't think we're going to have as rough of a time as Arsenal, considering we have always been close to break-even over the at least the past five years. Comparatively, those crazy ass Manchester teams have spent through the roof, and your own club, which you say never spends, is still almost half their spending.

 

My team, which has an incredible youth academy, has spent a net of a whopping £1 million from 2011-2016. Yep, not a typo.. net of 1MM. Everyone else, in terms of Millions:

Arsenal - £206

Chelsea - £192

Liverpool - £122

ManUre - £369

ManC - £403 MILLION!!! (Holy poo!)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2644437/tottenham-net-spend-last-five-years-1million-manchester-city-402-5m/

 

Maybe you had a difficult time keeping your guys due to the stadium costs, but maybe, just maybe, it's because your front office doesn't know how to spend your money effectively, like Levy does? Me, I'm not worried too much. If someone wants to go, we have plenty of kids waiting in the wings that can go (see Walker's boot print on his butt and Trippier playing better for an example).

= P

New contracts don't mean anything...  Spurs will have to pay £70M a year just in interest.  Money will have to come from somewhere.  Arsenal paid off their stadium in 8 years.  I'm not sure Spurs will be able to do that.  Arsenal hired MIT and Harvard to do math to research their best way to payoff £700M in debt.  Spurs new stadium is £800M.  Spurs revenue is way less than Arsenal.  It might take Spurs 20 years to pay off their stadium.  You have to juggle performance and debt payments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ARSEN said:

New contracts don't mean anything...  Spurs will have to pay £70M a year just in interest.  Money will have to come from somewhere.  Arsenal paid off their stadium in 8 years.  I'm not sure Spurs will be able to do that.  Arsenal hired MIT and Harvard to do math to research their best way to payoff £700M in debt.  Spurs new stadium is £800M.  Spurs revenue is way less than Arsenal.  It might take Spurs 20 years to pay off their stadium.  You have to juggle performance and debt payments.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but here's the last thing I'll say about this. You're right, for now, in that Arsenal's revenues are much higher overall, but my guys are climbing quickly up that chart. This is fairly simple stuff, though, and should lend credence to what I've been saying here all along:

Revenues for each club 2017 (rounded): 

Arsenal TR: £350 million

Tottenham TR: £209 million

http://www.cityam.com/257361/arsenal-chelsea-tottenham-and-west-ham-make-london-home

Total Net Spend (from before):

Arsenal Net Spend: £206 million

Tottenham Net Spend: £1 million

 

Now, doing the math, that makes Arsenal's Net Income (again, simple math here and just player spend) to be:

£350-£206=£144 million

while Tottenham's is:

£209-£1=£208 million

 

Like I said, I'm not stressed about being able to afford players, no matter what the interest is on the loan deal. We have some decent pocket change to help afford to keep our players, and even go out and get a few more. I doubt seriously we spend big anytime soon, but Levy has us shaped up pretty well to be able to bear the brunt of the new stadium. It certainly won't take 20 years, like you said, but it may take 10 +- 1 year to do so. I'm good with our plan, and so long as we keep getting good, inexpensive players that rally around a hell of a player's coach, I ain't skeered brah = P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raskle said:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but here's the last thing I'll say about this. You're right, for now, in that Arsenal's revenues are much higher overall, but my guys are climbing quickly up that chart. This is fairly simple stuff, though, and should lend credence to what I've been saying here all along:

Revenues for each club 2017 (rounded): 

Arsenal TR: £350 million

Tottenham TR: £209 million

http://www.cityam.com/257361/arsenal-chelsea-tottenham-and-west-ham-make-london-home

Total Net Spend (from before):

Arsenal Net Spend: £206 million

Tottenham Net Spend: £1 million

 

Now, doing the math, that makes Arsenal's Net Income (again, simple math here and just player spend) to be:

£350-£206=£144 million

while Tottenham's is:

£209-£1=£208 million

 

Like I said, I'm not stressed about being able to afford players, no matter what the interest is on the loan deal. We have some decent pocket change to help afford to keep our players, and even go out and get a few more. I doubt seriously we spend big anytime soon, but Levy has us shaped up pretty well to be able to bear the brunt of the new stadium. It certainly won't take 20 years, like you said, but it may take 10 +- 1 year to do so. I'm good with our plan, and so long as we keep getting good, inexpensive players that rally around a hell of a player's coach, I ain't skeered brah = P

 

From the article you posted, Arsenal revenue is £406M and not £350M as you stated with zero debt and wage bill of £160M and other expenses of £72M.  Arsenal will have around £180M to spend in FA on top of £400M in cash they have in reserves.

Spurs revenue from the article you posted is £243M in with £800M in debt and wage bill of £100M and other expenses of £41M.  Your loan interest in 2017 alone will be around £60M.  Spurs will only have around £39M left to pay for principle and new signings.  The less principle you pay, the more interest you pay.

Now, simple math here:  Arsenal: £406M-£160-£72M=£174 net income before summer spending

Now, simple math here for Spurs: £243M-£100M-£41M-£60m=£42M net income before summer spending and principle payment.

Also per your post:

Arsenal Net Spend: £206 million

Tottenham Net Spend: £1 million

That's net spend on players is over 5 year period...  Considering that Arsenal revenue is almost double of Spurs, £40M  a year is nothing when debt is £0.

Now lets look at Net Spend when Arsenal built a new Stadium and After they done paying for it in 2013.

Arsenal total spend was £27M when loan kicked in.  That's right...  Arsenal spent just above £1M a year for 17 years.   Now Spurs building a more expensive stadium than Arsenal and make only half the money.  You might not be skeered but you sure won't be happy with the results coming your way.

wengerspend_800x450.jpg&w=738&site=espnf

 

wage-bill.jpg

29+Manchester+City+Other+Expenses+2015.j

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Nice end to Arsenal terrible season.  After Wenger switched to 3-4-3, Arsenal has been amazing but it was too little to late but at least we won a cup.

Edited by ARSEN
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine being an Arsenal fan is like being Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Start strong, fade, finish strong to make top 4 and win a cup-- all while screaming for Wenger's head and wondering whether this year is the year they actually make a splash and add enough talent to compete for the title.

Congrats on beating Chelsea, also loved seeing Moses sent off for that dive right in front of the ref.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

I imagine being an Arsenal fan is like being Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Start strong, fade, finish strong to make top 4 and win a cup-- all while screaming for Wenger's head and wondering whether this year is the year they actually make a splash and add enough talent to compete for the title.

Congrats on beating Chelsea, also loved seeing Moses sent off for that dive right in front of the ref.

That was hilarious.  He literally flop on front of the ref.  Arsenal board and owners are all in town.  They expecting many players to go bye bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Posts