Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Our new GM?

52 posts in this topic

Posted

Hurney may have messed up with Delhommes Contract but thats not nearly enough to get rid of him. By far he has been one of the better GMs in the league.

In what way. I think he is an excellent cap manger (before you say the Pep situaiton the man did find a way to fit one player making 17 million onto a team and still have them competitive). His drafting has been middle of the road and his FA signings (escpicially the big ones), Keyshawn, Whale (who gets a pulling G to play on a power football team), and DJ Hacket have been huge failures. His best year was last year when he got Brayton and Vincent (both off the scrap heap).

But I keep coming back to his inability to find talent at the skill positions on O (other then RB). We have no QB or #2 WR (I like Jarrett but come on is that the best you can do). He should be gone if nothing else for letting those two positions (two of the most important on the team) become huge glaring weaknesses.

Posted

Probably should have included Marty Schottenheimer among the possible "former coach" candidates. I know others have mentioned him, but after hearing him on an interview with Packer today, I'd say he can safely be left off.

Schottenheimer said there was "zero chance" that he'd be associated with any NFL team as a GM or head coach next season. He feels like he had a good 30 year run, and he's happy in his retirement.

Posted

From PFT: Possible bearing on next season in both the coach and GM positions

Ruskell won't return to Seattle

Posted

I think this thread is now more relevant as well.

Posted

Official word on Ruskell: PFT: Ruskell resigning as Seahawks GM

He's had some successes (who knew Lofa Tatupu would be so good) but has had some mistakes, mostly in free agent losses. I'd also add that his move to sign Nate Burleson to the same sort of contract that he lost Steve Hutchinson to (even though the numbers were a smoke screen) was petty and childish.

Still, he'd be a viable candidate should the position come open.

Posted

I know I am going to get flogged for bumping this but don't you wish you had listened to me and got rid of Hurney and got Marc Ross to be our GM. 2 SBs since he got there and a list of solid players drafted as long as my arm. Damn I'm good.

Posted

today so bad that you had to bump this up to show your life has worth?

Posted

today so bad that you had to bump this up to show your life has worth?

Pretty much don't judge me. :cool:

Posted

thread-necromancy-thread-necromancy-demotivational-poster-1271554886.jpg

Posted

why do people post as if hirings happen in a vacuum and the personnel being discussed are wooden blocks that can be moved around on a board at will

i mean really was marty hurney handing in his resignation while marc ross was sending JR flowers and candy begging to be our general manager and he said no and held a gun to hurney's head to make him stay or something and we didn't hear about it?

Posted

also ricky williams has something like 12600 career all purpose yards. he is not a bust.

Posted

Cowher wants total control (coach and GM). That model doesn't fly with the Richardsons.

(and frankly, it pretty much never works)

I am dead set against any and all retread coaches. The majority of them are out of work for a reason. Others like Cowher have pitfalls attached.

Only team that worked for was with Dallas back in the 90s when they won 3 super bowls that was Jimmy Johnson's team not Jerry Jones