Photo
- - - - -

Handgun Questions...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#13 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:44 AM

Something else to think about is rounds are never hard to find if you get into reloading your own.

Works every time. :cheers2:

I have a friend that does that......He has LOTS of rounds and not to mention guns. If the end of the world ever happens. I'm running to his house....lol

#14 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:50 AM

A revolver is a much more reliable weapon and relatively less expensive than a semi auto. Not as sexy, not as many rounds available, but if you cant do the job in 5 or 6 shots at close range, you havent practiced enough. Unless you and she are experts with weapons, I would suggest you go with revolvers with short (2") barrels as there is much less for an assailant to grab at while youre pointing it at him.

Think reliability. The last thing you want in an emergency is a jam or the hammer falling onto an empty chamber.

#15 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:42 PM

The last thing you want in an emergency is a jam or the hammer falling onto an empty chamber.

What about when adrenaline takes over and the person rolls through 6 shots like they're shooting a SA and is now firing an empty cylinder? Think it would be better to have those extra rounds in a SA...and if you shoot your gun regularly and maintain it, you'll know what ammo cycles reliably and be less likely to jam. If you have a gun that jams no matter what you run through it....buy a different gun. I know that's no guarantee that it won't jam but SAs have a pretty good reliability record these days. How many PDs do you know of that use revolvers. All that said, my wife's gun is a LadySmith .357 that she shoots .38 specials in.

#16 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:05 AM

Attached File  27-2_2.jpg   48.9KB   1 downloads

That is what I use for home security.

357 Magnum with hollow points. I practice with .38's in there.

Great guns, will last forever, and nobody lives through this one at center mass.

If I were buying a gun for play, and security, it would probably be a Sig 9mm though.