Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve_Smith_Sr.

Who wins the World Series?

Cubbies or Indians?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins tonight?

• Cubbies
    • Indians

outlaw4    1,050

For a sport that has fallen behind the NFL in popularity over the years, this game has to be one of the best things that could've happened. Now it's matter of who wins.

Has to be so nerve-wracking to be a Cubs fan right now.

Squirrel    2,883
1 minute ago, outlaw4 said:

For a sport that has fallen behind the NFL in popularity over the years, this game has to be one of the best things that could've happened. Now it's matter of who wins.

Has to be so nerve-wracking to be a Cubs fan right now.

When the Indians tied it up in the 8th you could feel the nervousness in the office   

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Arguably the best World Series ever, and that's not an exaggeration.

Absolutely agree.  Wow, what a series.  Just awesome.  Congrats Cubbies!

Zaximus    4,433

As a life long Cubs fan I still don't feel this is real.   I love the Panthers but I think this is bigger for me.   I'v watched at least 130 full games this year for the Cubs and grown to love this team.    Every player is out there having fun, and I just don't feel this from NFL players, there is just too many money involved or something, or just the culture.    Anyway, I appreciate the emotion this team has shown and they were a pleasure to watch this year.  What a perfect season (albeit not an easy playoff).    The Indians are a fantastic team and I wouldn't be surprised if both teams are back next year.  They don't even have their best player, so they are going to be a nightmare for the AL next year.   I respect that team and Francona.

That being said, so many great storylines here. 

1) Obviously, 108 years and the curse.  Theo breaking TWO curses over his career and only being 39.  

2) Speaking of 39, Ross retires a world series champ and hit a homer (oldest player in world series history to hit one).  I love this guy.

3) What a crazy start to Kris Bryant's career.  First two years:  Rookie of the Year, Two all-stars, two playoffs (and a championship) and most likely an MVP award.

4) Seven games and 10 innings?  What an amazing series.   This was huge for baseball and I know a lot were watching.  I really think it's going to make a rejuvenation with the football CTE and NFL bad product.    There isn't much better than MLB postseason (I heard NHL is great though).  

5) A treat watching Bill Murray and doing interviews while drunk after the win lol.

6) There was like half the crowd of Cubs fans in Cleveland, insane.

7) Kyle Schwauber is a beast.  If he played the three games at home, he's the series MVP.  What a story, not only to come back, but to be elite and steal a base lol.

8) Coming back from 3-1?  Hardly happens.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    vv83