Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fiz

White Vigilantes Massacred Blacks During Aftermath of Hurrican Katrina

36 posts in this topic

I'm sure things like this happened, but all the thugs who went to rich neighborhoods in the city like Uptown or the Garden District and were intimidating white people and stealing there deserved to be shot.

According to this article, the only thugs were white racists with shotguns.

Yellow journalism at its finest.

No mention of the black gangs that moved into places like the Marigny & Bywater that the shot at Nat. Guard troops in the weeks and months after the disaster. Or how the Gretna police had the Creasent City Connector blocked off and were not letting people, white or black, accross to the West Bank that had gone practically untouched.

It was a disaster in every respect and to make it out like it was open season on black people is beyond irresponsible and damned near criminal.

Shhhh Iminicus shh_gif.gif

Obama is now the president elect. You don't want the PC police visiting your house in a month or so.

People have a duty and right to protect they stuff.

I don't think the guy was writing a piece on all the violence in NO after the hurricane, just that this particular case has never been looked into.

I do, however, think that the guy has some pre judged notions that need to be taken into account.

No one is saying that black people didn't commit any crimes, though there are plenty of people arguing against the non existent people doing so.

The media coverage of the event basically ignored the white offenders, memorably painting white looters as searching for supplies.

http://www.snopes.com/katrina/photos/looters.asp

the point of this thread is that the media used unsubstantiated claims which were never proven that have even been repeated in this thread even to paint the city as torn apart by black violence. In hindsight that simply wasn't the case.

Yellow journalism at its finest.

No mention of the black gangs that moved into places like the Marigny & Bywater that the shot at Nat. Guard troops in the weeks and months after the disaster. Or how the Gretna police had the Creasent City Connector blocked off and were not letting people, white or black, accross to the West Bank that had gone practically untouched.

It was a disaster in every respect and to make it out like it was open season on black people is beyond irresponsible and damned near criminal.

i think the article wanted to specifically focus on this aspect, not on the broad scope of post-katrina New Orleans

Interesting article Fiz. Good work.