Photo
- - - - -

White Vigilantes Massacred Blacks During Aftermath of Hurrican Katrina

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#16 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:10 PM

People have a duty and right to protect they stuff.

#17 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,342 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:14 PM

I don't think the guy was writing a piece on all the violence in NO after the hurricane, just that this particular case has never been looked into.

I do, however, think that the guy has some pre judged notions that need to be taken into account.

#18 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,057 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:53 PM

No one is saying that black people didn't commit any crimes, though there are plenty of people arguing against the non existent people doing so.

The media coverage of the event basically ignored the white offenders, memorably painting white looters as searching for supplies.

http://www.snopes.co...tos/looters.asp

the point of this thread is that the media used unsubstantiated claims which were never proven that have even been repeated in this thread even to paint the city as torn apart by black violence. In hindsight that simply wasn't the case.

Edited by Fiz, 19 December 2008 - 06:02 PM.

#19 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:59 PM

Yellow journalism at its finest.

No mention of the black gangs that moved into places like the Marigny & Bywater that the shot at Nat. Guard troops in the weeks and months after the disaster. Or how the Gretna police had the Creasent City Connector blocked off and were not letting people, white or black, accross to the West Bank that had gone practically untouched.

It was a disaster in every respect and to make it out like it was open season on black people is beyond irresponsible and damned near criminal.

i think the article wanted to specifically focus on this aspect, not on the broad scope of post-katrina New Orleans

#20 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:06 PM

Interesting article Fiz. Good work.

#21 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:04 PM

I guess its just that the city of New Orleans is very near and dear to me (their football team can suck hind *** though) and Im getting more than a little tired of people turning post Katrina New Orleans into political hey.

My closest friend lives there and was there for the storm. Rode out landfall a block off of St Charles and managed to catch a ride to Baton Rouge a couple days later to come stay with me for a month. Ive been down six times since the storm and basically through him had a second row seat to the recovery as it is.

So please forgive me when I react strongly to what I perceive as personal soapboxes posing as news articles.

Edited by Inimicus, 19 December 2008 - 11:06 PM.

#22 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:30 PM

Personally, if anybody was caught looting after Katrina they should have been shot on sight like people were after the Detroit riots in 1967.

#23 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:58 PM

If you took a trip to Canal St. just a few months after the storm, you would say the looting was under reported. Many stores and theaters were burned and the fronts were mangled with people trying to get in with baseball bats and crobars.

#24 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:21 AM

As I recall, Cynthia McKinney was spouting some goofball story that something like 5000 black people were assassinated (bullet to the head) by soldiers and the bodies dumped in a swamp.

(Cynthia is one of those folks that help prove ignorance and stupidity cut across all racial groups) :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr Scot, 21 December 2008 - 01:23 AM.

#25 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:59 PM

Like i stated before about 3days after the storm begun, i helped people from the superdome and off buses in atlanta! They told me blackwater troops were shooting at them, they were not shooting warning shots! My frat bro who was there and who works for the national guard confirms this! Now if only people would talk about the article at hand and stop acting like they are the defense attorney squad. U do the crime u do the time, but if ur white with a shotgun u just get a story written about u and others blame another race for the actions

#26 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,057 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:55 PM

As I recall, Cynthia McKinney was spouting some goofball story that something like 5000 black people were assassinated (bullet to the head) by soldiers and the bodies dumped in a swamp.

(Cynthia is one of those folks that help prove ignorance and stupidity cut across all racial groups) :rolleyes:

if cynthia mckinney says something it's almost certainly not true

#27 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,964 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 06:06 PM

If true...whats the harm in acknowledging the tragedy.

#28 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:30 PM

Like i stated before about 3days after the storm begun, i helped people from the superdome and off buses in atlanta! They told me blackwater troops were shooting at them, they were not shooting warning shots! My frat bro who was there and who works for the national guard confirms this! Now if only people would talk about the article at hand and stop acting like they are the defense attorney squad. U do the crime u do the time, but if ur white with a shotgun u just get a story written about u and others blame another race for the actions

And they knew they were blackwater troops, how? Were they wearing name badges and Home Depot type smocks? I'm callin BS!

#29 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,057 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:23 PM

And they knew they were blackwater troops, how? Were they wearing name badges and Home Depot type smocks?

no, they were just indiscriminately murdering civilians

#30 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:32 PM

If this was really a big issue, do you not think Nagin would have brought it up numerous times?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com