Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaginalWartPuss

With economy in shambles, Congress gets a raise

its almost so rediculous that you cant do anything but laugh. i mean they are talking about some of the worst times since the depression and they dont see this as at the very minimun a VERY bad signal. it only goes to harded my stance that there is not much differecne between the two parties. they are all playing the same game with a little different game plan. the get people divided into repubs and dems, but they sure as hell can come together and vote on things like a raise together.

If they only raise my salary this year by 2.8%, I won't be happy.

Wouldn't have been a bad idea to hold off this year though.

Where is Scrooge when you need him?

I wonder how many said, Lets pass on the raise this year and were talked down?

:lol::lol::lol:

If they only raise my salary this year by 2.8%, I won't be happy.

Wouldn't have been a bad idea to hold off this year though.

I agree, but any year that congress gets a pay raise, they get criticised for it. Personall, I don't have an issue with them getting a 2.8% pay raise. In truth, I don't really understand the complaints.

Now if they were getting some outrageous pay raise (like say 10%) or even a raise above what the rest of government employees are getting, then I would have a big problem with it.

its almost so rediculous that you cant do anything but laugh. i mean they are talking about some of the worst times since the depression and they dont see this as at the very minimun a VERY bad signal. it only goes to harded my stance that there is not much differecne between the two parties. they are all playing the same game with a little different game plan. the get people divided into repubs and dems, but they sure as hell can come together and vote on things like a raise together.

Yeah, life's a bitch. I was laid off last month and am running for congress next year, by the way. :sifone:

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    bigswingingblackroots