Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Soul Rebel

Will Jordan Leggett Make it to 3rd Round?

16 posts in this topic

I really like what I've seen from him as a blocker in added pass pro, running game and all around physicality to open up the offense for others. He's also versatile enough to contribute offensively, so his balance stands out most to me.  

He had a great ACC Championship game (4/49/2TD) and showed up big time in the National Championship (7-95yds) with a huge catch on the final drive to win it for Clemson. 

We've been eyeing TE in the past 3 or 4 drafts, but the cards haven't fallen our way.  I have a feeling he balls out at the Senior Bowl and combine, he could climb into the 2nd round.  I really hope he's available in the early 3rd for us, as I think he would be a great compliment opposite Olsen and the eventual TE of the future once Olsen starts to fade.  Leggett would aid the OL as an additional blocker and replace Dickson as an actual reliable and athletic pass catcher.

Am I holding out false hope for Leggett in the 3rd?  I would love Adams/Hooker/Barnett in the first, Donta Foreman in the 2nd and Leggett in the 3rd. 

Edited by Soul Rebel
1 person likes this

Depends on the combine. I heard that scouts question his straight line speed so if he runs a slow 40 then he could be there. However, I prefer the Panthers target a TE in the 2nd round because it will most likely guarantee that they get one of Njoku, Howard, and Leggett 

2 people like this

I'd piss my pants if we got Howard in the second 

3 people like this

Agreed about Howard in the 2nd. Njoku has the athleticism to crush proday and combine, so I even think he's the 2nd TE off the board to a team like Dallas or New England. Maybe even a GB or Pittsburgh. 

Yes he will. People have to chill out about these TEs. They're really not that great. My money is that Njoku from Miami will be the first off the board: late first to mid 2nd. 

Howard ain't gonna be there in the second. He's a freak athlete that will blow up the combine, is a great pass-catcher and maybe even a better blocker.

Imo right now, he's comfortably in the 3rd range.( you now that all can easily change). 50-85 currently. 

Believe it or not, I value TE above most. Even now, it wouldn't shock me if a few teams already have legs as a solid 2nd.

1 person likes this

If the Panthers are serious about drafting the best TE available outside of OJ Howard then they will use their 2nd rounder to pick Leggett or one of the other top tier TE prospects. I think once all the top 5 or so WRs finished getting selected near the top half of the 2nd, the TE prospects will start flying off the board near the end of the 2nd with all those playoff caliber teams that might just be missing a young explosive Tight End to add to their roster.

That being said, alot of it may have to do with which player they select with their first rounder. If we get a Saftey or DE and someone like Foreman is available for us at the top of the 2nd, they'll probably pick him and just hope one of the top class TEs drop to them in the 3rd.

Edited by Hoenheim

what about this guy...

1 person likes this

I really like what I've seen from him as a blocker in added pass pro, running game and all around physicality to open up the offense for others. He's also versatile enough to contribute offensively, so his balance stands out most to me.  
He had a great ACC Championship game (4/49/2TD) and showed up big time in the National Championship (7-95yds) with a huge catch on the final drive to win it for Clemson. 
We've been eyeing TE in the past 3 or 4 drafts, but the cards haven't fallen our way.  I have a feeling he balls out at the Senior Bowl and combine, he could climb into the 2nd round.  I really hope he's available in the early 3rd for us, as I think he would be a great compliment opposite Olsen and the eventual TE of the future once Olsen starts to fade.  Leggett would aid the OL as an additional blocker and replace Dickson as an actual reliable and athletic pass catcher.
Am I holding out false hope for Leggett in the 3rd?  I would love Adams/Hooker/Barnett in the first, Donta Foreman in the 2nd and Leggett in the 3rd. 
[/url]  

I hope the Panthers can get him cuz I'm sure Howard will be gone by then

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0