Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nails

Chargers to LA per Schefter

70 posts in this topic

The next bubble is municipalities.  You heard it here first. 

The ignorance about the SoCal sports fan always cracks me up. Dodgers always attract close to 4 million fans per year. Angels, 3 million. Lakers, Clippers, Kings and Ducks close to the top of their respective leagues in attendance.

Ironic the Chargers are coming to Los Angeles for the same reason the Rams left decades ago. An owner who won't participate financially in a meaningful way to build a new stadium and a state who's people are taxed beyond reason by the local government who are unwilling to vote for it.

Now Stan Kroenke has the money and has set 2 teams up in a Cathedral being built that will be a model for future NFL franchises. The next couple of years will be a major struggle for NFL football in SoCal while these teams are forced to play in the shythole that is the 90 year old LA Coliseum.

But come 2019, these 2 Franchises will thrive.

3 people like this

Arash Markazi ESPN Senior Writer 

markazi_arash_m.jpg&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

The Los Angeles metropolitan area would be the home of two teams in every major sport by 2018 if the Chargers moved to Los Angeles.

e9cab765-7a0c-4a10-9c94-13bc9d41a520.jpg
  •  
icon-espn-e-@2x.png
NFL 32m

I own a Dodge Charger 

That's all I got 

1484195525808.jpg

7 people like this

Philip Rivers is 35 and has openly said in the past he didn't want to take he or his many kids to LA.  Maybe he retires or forces a trade.  Or maybe the Chargers are still open to drafting a QB just in case. I only care about the Panthers and these scenarios help us tremendously.

2 people like this

Ugh. Hate when teams move, especially long established teams.

1 person likes this

At least people in LA will get to see three home wins now... maybe.

Looking like StubHub is their likely home too for the interim period. I don't know what's more embarrassing, playing at such a small venue or have a game where it still looks half empty.

So you're telling me of the 50 states we have to have so many teams in the same state and I get like you know economics has some well a lot of say-so in everything but why don't we give chances to other states stop putting all these teams in the same state
Is going to saturate the place with too many things into many sports teams. I will look into other states and see if they're willing to pay for it if they got the money go for it
Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle