Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nails

Chargers to LA per Schefter

dardarroarroar    285
Philip Rivers is 35 and has openly said in the past he didn't want to take he or his many kids to LA.  Maybe he retires or forces a trade.  Or maybe the Chargers are still open to drafting a QB just in case. I only care about the Panthers and these scenarios help us tremendously.

I looked it up this man has like seven kids his pull out game is weak as fug or he's really just that crazy

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle
  • Pie 3

Cookie Lyon    4,794
1 minute ago, dardarroarroar said:

I looked it up this man has like seven kids his pull out game is weak as fug or he's really just that crazy

Oh lawd!

LOL

• Pie 1

Borat    729
16 minutes ago, dardarroarroar said:

or he's really just that crazy

His wife definitely is.

• Pie 2

This fugging sucks. I was a San Diego native for 4 years. I attended various Charger games, especially during that 14-2 season. I feel for the city of San Diego and its loyal fans. Spanos is a greedy bitch.

• Pie 2

dardarroarroar    285
His wife definitely is.

I always figured after the fifth they just slide out with ease but you never know she could tighten right back up you know some women have that death grip you have no choice on whether you can pull out or not

• Pie 3

RoaringRiot    12,995

When I was in LA for the Panthers game I spent a good bit of time at the Hollywood Park poker room - which is in Inglewood right beside where the new stadium is going. The residence there were less than thrilled about the construction (dust was everywhere) and (even more) traffic that the new development is brining. I can only imagine them now knowing there will be games for 20 straight weekends. 

• Pie 1

shaqattaq    1,389
7 hours ago, Nails said:

Philip Rivers is 35 and has openly said in the past he didn't want to take he or his many kids to LA.  Maybe he retires or forces a trade.  Or maybe the Chargers are still open to drafting a QB just in case. I only care about the Panthers and these scenarios help us tremendously.

While I appreciate you making this all about the Panthers (seriously), It's only 120 miles. If Smitty can work in Baltimore while living in Charlotte, I'm sure Rivers can figure something out for the few years he has remaining. He's under contract through 2019.

Proudiddy    9,510

I hate when any city loses a franchise, especially one that generations have grown up with.  I really wanted the Raiders to go if they insisted on having two teams in LA, mostly because those fans would stay loyal and they already had a history together.

This sucks also because it will have a snowball effect...  eventually, another team from another city will find that SD market attractive, bc it is, and will uproot another established franchise from a smaller market to go there.  That's the other reason I was hoping it would be the Raiders instead.

• Pie 1

Kevin Greene    11,979
1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

I hate when any city loses a franchise, especially one that generations have grown up with.  I really wanted the Raiders to go if they insisted on having two teams in LA, mostly because those fans would stay loyal and they already had a history together.

This sucks also because it will have a snowball effect...  eventually, another team from another city will find that SD market attractive, bc it is, and will uproot another established franchise from a smaller market to go there.  That's the other reason I was hoping it would be the Raiders instead.

Fug the Raiders, we don't want them and especially don't want more of their fan base in SoCal. Raiders are in the same boat though, an owner who won't cash in and a city completely unwilling to help pay for a new stadium becuse the populace is already taxed to death.

Al Davis moved to LA those many years ago trying to blackmail cities (LA or Oakland) and the NFL to build a new stadium and failed completely. Hence the return to playing back in the same aging shythole baeball stadium they currently play in. The Raiders will leave town for the same reason the Rams did back in the 90s (St. Louis, Trans World Dome), the Chargers just did, and the Raiders may. A shiny new NFL stadium being built they can play in.

Pathetic really the Raiders have to play here:

628x471.jpg

• Pie 1

Kakarot    3,435
18 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

Fug the Raiders, we don't want them and especially don't want more of their fan base in SoCal. Raiders are in the same boat though, an owner who won't cash in and a city completely unwilling to help pay for a new stadium becuse the populace is already taxed to death.

Al Davis moved to LA those many years ago trying to blackmail cities (LA or Oakland) and the NFL to build a new stadium and failed completely. Hence the return to playing back in the same aging shythole baeball stadium they currently play in. The Raiders will leave town for the same reason the Rams did back in the 90s (St. Louis, Trans World Dome), the Chargers just did, and the Raiders may. A shiny new NFL stadium being built they can play in.

Pathetic really the Raiders have to play here:

628x471.jpg

My best friend is from LA, and says he and his circle want the Raiders back.

pantherclaw    3,047

I want to laugh, but the stupidity of it all, just makes me SMH.

Not 1, but 2 NFL franchises moving to an city that really couldn't care less. 

Two teams, that have been struggling to put a consistent product together, abandoning what loyal fan base they have. Good luck with that poo. Seriously. 

• Pie 2

Mojo    2,103

What's ironic is I'm planning to move to SD from LA in the next year. 

I like the Chargers and not liking the move at all.  LA doesn't need more teams but that's the way it goes.

• Pie 1

h0llywood    3,564

I'm conflicted about this. 20+ years without a team and then, bam, there's two teams in my backyard. I couldn't give away my season tickets to the Rams games, it was that bad no one wanted to go.

The Stub Hub arena in Carson where the Chargers want to play, will be sold out every game....because capacity is 27,000 for MLS. I would surmise that would be closer to 32,000-35,000 for NFL game conversion. Outside from the O Colisium (which isn't an NFL stadium), there is not a single NFL stadium that has a capacity less than 60,000 seats.

The only good thing to all this is that there is a better chance every year I can watch the Panthers come to LA.

Nails    1,164
2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Doubtful for at least a generation or more. 5 teams in a broke state that is relatively lukewarm at best to pro football?  Better chance they become their own country.

This MIGHT affect the Carolinas by giving San Diego a sympathy MLS team over Charlotte or Raleigh and because there's now less market competition there.  But that makes zero sense and IMHO would piss me off to high heaven if I were a San Diego resident and taxpayer-not doing everything to keep my six decade old franchise for a team in a two decade old FARRRRR less popular league.