Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rex Ryan vs John Fox

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Everyone is talking about the job Ryan has done with the Jets this year and justifiably so. But what no one hear has brought up is how his success is very similar to what Fox did in 02. What's the common thread between the two?

Posted

rex ryan is a better DC than Fox ever was. as a head coach, we don't know yet.

Posted

The only common thread I can see is that members of this forum have very strong opinions about both coaches.

Posted

I may be wrong but it seems to me they both inherited a defense with a strong roster, and they both added a key defensive players their first year.

Fox added Peppers and Witherspoon his first year and Ryan brought in Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard.

It's also ironic that Kris Jenkins was/is a part of both turnarounds.

Posted

Bump for trolling.

I wish we had a coach that talked poo and backed it up, even if he looked like an ass half the time. At least it's entertaining.

BTW, hope Jenks is ok.

Posted

Rex was a helluva DC, but I'm afraid his poo talking is going to get the hell beat out his players on the field. It's easy to talk poo when you don't have to strap on that helmet.

Posted

But he still seems to know his place, at least that's how I felt listening to the Sunday Conversation yesterday. He said everybody has to prove it on the field.

Also, I thought Joe Flacco may have died from that first sack that caused the fumble. Whew.

Posted

Patriots > Jets.

Posted

I like Singletary's approach of "Talk quietly and carry a big stick" over Fox' "Blah blah bullshit blah blah." and Ryans "Blah blah look at me blah blah bullshit blah blah no really....look at me blah blah bullshit blah blah blah blah blah blah..."

Posted

Patriots > Jets.

Patriots ~> Every team in the NFL every year

Still, you gotta love Ryan's swagger.

Posted

Singletary needs to get whole of that lockerroom. He talks the talk of a hardass, but the inmates seem to be running that asylum.

Posted

I like Singletary's approach of "Talk quietly and carry a big stick" over Fox' "Blah blah bullshit blah blah." and Ryans "Blah blah look at me blah blah bullshit blah blah no really....look at me me blah blah bullshit blah blah blah blah blah blah..."

Idk Jangler, Singletary has gotten pretty boisterous and demonstrative before. I like his approach too, but not much in the form of results yet.